new here and loving it

sweetone
sweetone Posts: 6
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself. i'm 49 yr olf female, I was just told myy HDL was 344. and my LDL is still too low. I am stuggling with finding a good list of foods that will satisfy me and my hunger and not increase my cholesterol. So now I am on low fat, no salt diet... I just can't eat nothing but salad it causes me to have digestion problems. I don't know what to do. Yesterday I had what I thought was a good breakfast. Blueberry muffin, yogurt and 2% milk and I had taken in over 600 calories just for breakfast. Now the diet is 1200 calories a day to loose the weight and I had 1/2 of them at breakfast doesn't leave a whole lot of food for the rest of my day. My husband calles me a classic worry wart. I keep looking at the things I can't have. So I tried to look at what I CAN have instead but it's an awfully short list. I don't need to loose any more weight I just need to eat healthier, But when I found out that I couldn't have eggs in the morning(I love breakfast burritos) and they keep me moving until lunchtime rolls around. and now they say no more of that. Cereal doesn't do it, I will walk off ceral in the first hour I am at work... I would have to eat cereal all day to get through it. Please help, any suggestions would be appreciated

Replies

• sweetone
    sweetone Posts: 6
    Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to introduce myself. i'm 49 yr olf female, I was just told myy HDL was 344. and my LDL is still too low. I am stuggling with finding a good list of foods that will satisfy me and my hunger and not increase my cholesterol. So now I am on low fat, no salt diet... I just can't eat nothing but salad it causes me to have digestion problems. I don't know what to do. Yesterday I had what I thought was a good breakfast. Blueberry muffin, yogurt and 2% milk and I had taken in over 600 calories just for breakfast. Now the diet is 1200 calories a day to loose the weight and I had 1/2 of them at breakfast doesn't leave a whole lot of food for the rest of my day. My husband calles me a classic worry wart. I keep looking at the things I can't have. So I tried to look at what I CAN have instead but it's an awfully short list. I don't need to loose any more weight I just need to eat healthier, But when I found out that I couldn't have eggs in the morning(I love breakfast burritos) and they keep me moving until lunchtime rolls around. and now they say no more of that. Cereal doesn't do it, I will walk off ceral in the first hour I am at work... I would have to eat cereal all day to get through it. Please help, any suggestions would be appreciated
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Welcome!

You should be able to have egg whites, and I'm sure there are some great recipes here for egg white omlettes or frittatas. You will soon learn that most baked goods are full of calories. I make my own muffins for emergency snacks, but they are still about 160-170 calories. If you switch to organic milk, you can probably go down a % or 2 (to either 1% or skim). It has a fuller flavor. That's all I can think of for breakfast suggestions.

A good way to remember cholesterol is HDL = healthy cholesterol, LDL is lousy cholesterol. I assume that the 344 number is total. I used to get them confused all the time! The best way to raise your HDL is exercise.

Good luck on your journey
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!!! Try logging in your meals first, when you plan ahead it makes it easier to spread the calories out throughout the day!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!!! Try logging in your meals first, when you plan ahead it makes it easier to spread the calories out throughout the day!

I have to agree about logging in your meals first. I just love the fact I can plan ahead of time. Even on Fridays I go out to eat, so I search the net for restaurants that have the calorie counts of their meals and put them in also. My week is done. I have changed it at times but that is not to hard.
    Good Luck
  • pfisher
    pfisher Posts: 28
    Welcome to the site. There is alot of info here
    For breakfast I have a high fiber cereal that keeps me going. ( Kashi and Fiber One) are good choices.Plus they taste good.
    Lots of luck:smile:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    :bigsmile: welcome
This discussion has been closed.