Weight Loss with HIIT

Options
Have any of you had success with losing a significant amount of body fat by practicing HIIT as your main form of cardio? Also, did you restrict calories, consume endless calories, or eat exactly what you body needed? I am interested in switching over from traditional cardio to HIIT for the time being to lose a little weight before my first marathon, and then continuing my marathon training, but I am not sure how to go about it. I am mainly asking the ladies, but any advice from the gents is more than welcome, too. :-) Thank you!

Replies

• kellyraesmik
    kellyraesmik Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to go to a gym and do the whole bike/treadmill or elliptical thing. But my membership was up and I decided not to renew and do workouts at home every other day and run on the other days. So, in my experience I have been doing HIIT's at home and I have lost way more weight and gotten stronger at the same time since I quit the gym. I say do it! I have been eating the same amount of calories as I always did - basically what is recommended on here.
  • jackdaniels1234123
    jackdaniels1234123 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Gillian's workout dvd uses this method and it doesn get your heart rate right up however can get very repetitive!
  • kellyraesmik
    kellyraesmik Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to say that I use the bodyrock HIIT - but I usually just make my own up using the exercises I have learned on their site. Works for me. Working at it hard does get my heart pumping and I sweat like crazy!
  • TheCrunchyChemist
    Options
    I was thinking for training I would run on the treadmill a few days a week for 20 minutes using a HIIT workout designed by Mike Geary, and then once a week I would do a "long run" to build my endurance. I would love to lose body fat while training for a marathon, and I know that the traditional method for marathon training causes me to lose muscle, and overeat. I also am replacing weights with kettlebell workouts, and spontaneously doing full push-ups throughout my day.