This may be stupid but... (probably ideal for women only)

Options
2»

Replies

• aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Totally helps with cramps and such... it will make you feel better if you do a light workout. I always treadmill on that day and not do jumping things (like Zumba)
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I used to let it stop me. But I realized that was just an excuse not to exercise. Don't give yourself any excuses! If you feel up to it (i.e, no cramps) then go for it and make sure you have enough protection to last you thru the workout! :happy:
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    I have crazy cramps and it definitely slows me down. Did a 8 mile race on day one once, doubled over and actually screamed in pain - luckily I was alone at that point, but it was absolute hell. I basically treat it like a planned "bad run" day - I don't beat myself up if I don't perform at my peak, but I do my best to go and do what my plans were. Some months I simply can't, but I get shoes on, go out the door, and give it my best before I call it. But yeah, some months my best is a pathetic walk to the end of the block. And no, exercise never makes anything associated with day 1 feel better for me. I wish to god it did, but it doesn't.