About to finish New Rules

Options
So I am about to finished New Rules of Lifting For Women. I am about to finish a second round of stage 7 and saw some great results with the high rep, short rest, multiple sets. My question is where should I go from here? My main goal is to continue to drop bf%. I think right now Im anywhere from 22%-28% depending on what I use to measure. I would like to get to 18%. Once I drop my fat I would like to work on strength, but that is another conversation. So, thoughts, ideas, plans? Thanks!

Replies

• baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bumping, no one?
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm in awe. I just started workout 3 in Stage one. I was thinking of trying strong lifts or another program when I finished, but I have some time to decide.
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yes you definately have plenty of time. I didn't think about it until I was almost done, eeek! Anyone else?
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I did a round of Rushfit (dvd workouts--awesome) to give myself a little change of pace, and then started Stronglifts. I enjoy Stronglifts because it is so simple. Some of the NROLFW moves drove me crazy. I do get bored sometimes resting in between sets, but because I work out at home, now I just work on my dance moves during that time. :)
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just repeat the New Rules sequence?
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    There is a New Rules of Lifting for Abs and a brand new New Rules Supercharged. I've heard great things about both. I believe Supercharged gives you options and flexibility for creating your own workouts.
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    just start lifting heavy to build muscle while cutting body fat
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You will drop BF% while building strength. Start lifting heavy now.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    look up the book "womens health big book of exercies" on amazon. It has alot of workout plans for weight lifting using heavy gym equipment or stuff you have at home (dumbells, exercise ball). Its my favorite book. these are some of workout plans laid out for you:

the bikini ready workout
    the skinny jeans workout
    the hard body workout
    the lose the last 10 lbs workout
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    What does finishing NR really mean? How about these questions. Have you progressed to the point that you can no longer make gains on a beginner routine? What are your current goals?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question. Just keep going? I wasn't aware that it ended. :indifferent:
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The same author has a couple of other books that were published recently. I'm still doing NLR4W, but when I finish, I plan to check them out.

If you are older, try: The New Rules of Lifting for Life: An All-New Muscle-Building, Fat-Blasting Plan for Men and Women Who Want to Ace Their Midlife Exams

Otherwise The New Rules of Lifting Supercharged: Ten All-New Muscle-Building Programs for Men and Women looks good.

And of course there is his The New Rules of Lifting for Abs: A Myth-Busting Fitness Plan for Men and Women who Want a Strong Core and a Pain-Free Back

And if you want a different author, I hear Starting Stength is good, but I don't know if there is a plan that is well defined, if it is just "this is how you lift weights"
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    You will drop BF% while building strength. Start lifting heavy now.

this.
    why wait?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts or Starting Strength is what I'd recommend.
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    just start lifting heavy to build muscle while cutting body fat

That's what NLR4W is all about.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    What does finishing NR really mean? How about these questions. Have you progressed to the point that you can no longer make gains on a beginner routine? What are your current goals?

x2.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts or Starting Strength is what I'd recommend.

This ^^^^^