What kind of workout equipment do you have at home?

Options
I really would like to get some equipment for home, right now i just have DVD's. Im just courious what all you have in your "home gym" or what you would like to have but havent got yet.

Replies

• Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have been working out at home for years (on and off)

This is what I use the most: full set of dumbells (25, 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 7, 5, 3, 1 pound paris), a straight barbell and a curly barbell, plates for my barbells (in increments of 1.25, 2.5, 3, 5, 10 pounds), bands, aerobic step, small step, and my fancy schmancy elliptical machine, exercise mat. This is the stuff I use on a nearly daily basis.

What I have that I don't use as much; just bought kettleballs but haven't figured out how to work them into my workouts (one 5 pounder, one 12 pounder, and two 15 pounders), one of those big workout balls, medicine ball, ankle weights, miscellaneous other crap I've picked up throughout the years that I don't use very much and can't remember!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds like a lot of stuff - but most of the stuff you buy once and it lasts forever. I think I bought most of my weights over 15 years ago. My bigger weights are the cast iron ones but the smaller ones are coated. After a while the coating starts flaking off. I'd definitely recommend just buying plain cast iron weights. They're not pretty, but at least they don't flake off!
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    Elliptical (worth it IMO! and it's much quieter than the treadmill so I can watch TV with my husband while I work out. Never have to worry about going to the gym or it being cold or dark outside)
    One of those giant blow up balls (sorry forgot the name) that I use to do ab exercises
    A 10 and 20 lb kettlebell
    5, 8, and 20 lb dumb bells
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have a spin bike in my office (in my home). Other than that I run outside and go to the gym for weight training. I suck at working out at home...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    running shoes, and pretty much sums it up.

Not trying to be snotty. It's just that I've never bought any exercise equipment before, because I know how much I would use it (ie - once, and then never again). I'm kinda working up to this exercise thing, so I started with walking and running.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill, a pilates ball, and several different weights...only up to 10lb.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have resistance bands, two 5lb bar bells, two 3lb ankle/wrist weights, and big ball
  • Dymatized
    Options
    A blender bottle, tupperware, food scale and George Foreman grill. :P
  • boots111a
    boots111a Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kettlebells are great best to wear gloves so you dont drop the bloody things jane In Wigan uk :bigsmile:
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    Bosu balance ball
    Weider weight bench with various weider weights
    Dumbbells, ranging from 3 - 8 lbs
    Kettlebells, ranging from 3 - 15 lbs
    NordicTrack elliptical
    Zumba DVD
    Belly dancing DVD
    Kathy smith kettlebell dvd
    Bosu balance ball dvd

Actually today my fiance and I are going to organize our home gym. We actually transformed our dining room into a home gym : )
  • jackoninny
    jackoninny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I turned my detatched garage into a gym. I have a bench, decline bench, 300lbs of plates, dip/pull-up station, heavy bag, speed bag, double end bag, dumbbells from 10-45lbs, tv/dvd player for cardio vids, ankle weights, a dip belt (for weighted chinup-dips), a "band station" that I "built", and a bulgarian training bag.

All accumulated over several years... still need a squat rack.

Hard to make excuses when there is a decent gym a 20 feet away.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Dumbbells 3 to 20 pounds.
    Push up handles.
    Pull up bar.
    Exercise mat.
    Heart rate monitor.
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    At home I had dumb bells and a used Nordic Track Skier. I normally used to do pilates or circuit training videos. Now that I'm in college there's a free gym I have access to.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Golds gym eliptical
    Bowflex
    WATP DVD
    Walking weights
    resistance band

But I feel I am just getting started!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i use my dumbbells often, i have a pair of 3 lbs, 8lbs, 12 lbs, and a 10 lb kettlebell

yoga matt

ball, size of a medicine ball but no weight

and an exercise bike
  • linnaeus
    linnaeus Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A door, a sturdy table, some chairs, a yoga mat. And a copy of Body By You (or You Are Your Own Gym). You can easily find information online about bodyweight exercises. If you really get into strength training(lifting weights), you can always invest in equipment if you find yourself wanting.

I also jog/walk and take yoga classes for something more relaxing and gentle on myself.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I have two sets of weights, 1.5kg and 2kg but am looking into buying 5kg ones. I also have a exercise mat and a resistance band.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, Stationary bike, hand weights, various DVD's, stability ball, yoga mat/blocks/straps, and I love to find fun new routines on YouTube and BodyRocktv to spice things up!! I just hook up my laptop to my tv and get sweaty!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    squat stands, 500+lbs of plates, a nice barbell, and two bicycles.
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    Adjustable Squat Stands, Olympic Bar, Drop Pad, Olympic Dumbbell Handles, Farmer's Walk Handles, over 1000lbs of plates + lots of 25lb and 10lb plates for loading the dumbbells with, Cambered Bar, Squat Boxes, Chains, Bands, Blocks for deadlifting off of, Atlas Stone, Treadmill.