breakfast suggestions!! :)

Options
hi! I am new here, and I want to say that this seems like a good site, It started with me trying to search on the nutritionfacts, I figured out that my breakfast with 2 dl oatmeal (porridge) as I thought was a healthy start, consisted of 730 calories... As seem to be half of the calories I should consume each day.. That was a real shock!
Now I am wondering if any of you have any good, healthy, low calorie suggestions for breakfast!

hope for answers : )

Replies

• lizziemason
    Options
    A bowl of cereal with skimmed milk will add up to about 300 calories if you buy low fat ranges, have an apple with that and thats about 400!
    hope that helps!
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I often find myself wanting protein in the morning, i usually have 1 poached egg, with 1 whole wheat toast and a bit of margarine on the toast, and 1 cup of skim milk. this surprisingly only adds up to 300 calories and is a great start to your day!!! I also used to have yogurt in the morning and i could mix in 1/4 cup of organic oatmeal and add in some berries such as strawberries or raspberries. This breakfast is also great and low on calories! good luck!
  • denisenkids
    Options
    I have been eating Quaker instant oatmeal. One package of true delights wild blueberry is only 150 cal. apples & cinnamon, peaches & cream, strawberries & cream are all 130 cal. you can also have the 45 cal whole grain bread.
  • leaptrot
    leaptrot Posts: 1
    Options
    check the kashi oatmeal. it's lower in calories + has added benefit of whole grains, high fiber, no high fructose corn syrup, etc. in fact, i like all the kashi products. they take just a bit to get used to, but once that transition is over they're great. another thing i'm doing is increasing my fiber intake. there is a great site called the fiber35 diet that helps you count fiber. if you increase fiber, you decrease calorie intake. (that was part of weight watchers i did a while back too). try that website & book. good luck.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I use this recipe to make my own oatmeal mix.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Spiced-Oatmeal-Mix
    I leave out the fruit, then add it depending on what I feel like daily (raisins, strawberries, dried cranberries are a few of my favorites.) I like the level of sweetness, but my grandsons think it isn't sweet enough, so I add splenda to theirs. Sometimes I mix in a little peanut butter. Cooks in one minute in the microwave - very handy!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I was checking low calorie egg recipes on incredibleegg.org the other day and found this recipe I want to try
    Microwave Coffee Cup Scramble
    What you need 2 eggs, 2 tbsp milk, 2tbsp shredded cheddar chesse, salt and pepper
    Direction:
    COAT 12-oz. microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray. ADD eggs and milk; beat until blended.
    MICROWAVE on HIGH 45 seconds; stir. MICROWAVE until eggs are almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer.
    TOP with cheese; season with salt and pepper.
    calories: 215
    total fat: 15g
    saturated fat: 6g
    polyunsaturated fat: 2g
    monounsaturated fat: 5g
    cholesterol: 440mg
    sodium: 240mg
    carbohydrates: 2g
    dietary fiber: 0g
    sugars: 2g
    protein: 17g
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I eat 1 cup of honeynut cheerios with 1/2 cup of 2% milk and it is 280 calories. Then have a mid morning snack. The diced peaches I eat for the snack is in light syrup and only has 40 calories.

Oops! The cheerios and milk is only 208 calories, I also have coffee with creamer and that's where I got the extra calories from.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a parfait of nonfat vanilla yogurt (6oz.) topped with 1/2 cup granola type cereal or even like Honey Bunches of Oats and then 1/2 cup berries or chopped fruit. This usually runs around 300-350 cal dependin on fruit and ceral used, but it keeps me full for a few hours.
  • pixietwilight
    pixietwilight Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    8 oz skim milk (90) w/ 1 tbsp of sugar free Vanilla latte international coffees (30) = 120

3 egg whites white + a laughing cow light cheese (35) = 85

a slice of sara lee's whole grain toast is (45) + smuckers sugarfree grape jelly is(10) = 55

That is an enormous breakfast and is only = 260 cal
  • Borinquenmami
    Options
    hello i am new to this and just wanted to say hi to all