Friend Me for Motivation?

Options
Whether you have met your goal or not, it would be nice to have some people on here to chat with. I think thaat would help me stay on track.
I can't remember when I signed up on MFP, but everytime I used it, I would use it for like a day and then give up.

Well, for some reason this year I feel motivated more than I ever have in my life to really get in shape.

currently I am a little over 5'8" and 197. I just started yesterday eating 1700 calories, and for the last 3 weeks I have been doing bootcamp.

NICE TO MEET YOU ALL! :smile:

Replies

• Ginger1436
    Options
    Nice to meet you too. I tried joining MFP a few months ago, but for some reason, I did not stick with it. I am bound and determined to do it this time though.
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi Ginger! we can do this! :) this time around I feel really motivated, idk why, but I am loving it! I don't want to worry about the number on the scale so much just because muscle weighs more. but i am ready to lose weight!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    You will do great. Just make sure that motivation stays and you keep working towards your goal. Persistence and patience are a virtue.
  • NewKeriSept2014
    Options
    You will do great. Just make sure that motivation stays and you keep working towards your goal. Persistence and patience are a virtue.

thank you!!! :)
  • Ginger1436
    Options
    Not only am I going to track my progression by the scale, but by my measurements and how I fit into my smaller clothes.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You will do great. There are lots of people on here willing to help motivate. I love having new friends and I try to post motivation comments, etc. daily. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MDIRunner
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I love that the first 4 letters of your name are my maiden name- KUTI! (Yes, pronounced cutie- oh, what a name to grow up with. Some people could be really mean. lol)

Good luck in your journey!
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    Wait a second...did I just read a post on here that said you aren't eating 1200 calories a day or less? HELL YEA I WILL ADD YOU!
  • blizzardsmom
    blizzardsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me as a friend. Just one thing someone said, regarding muscle weighing more than fat. That is not true a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. Just like a pound of grapes and a pound of apples still only weigh a pound.The pound of fat spreads out, the pound of muscle is more dense, smaller in size because it is compact. By the way the higher your muscle mass, the faster your metabolism. Your body burns about 4 calories to maintain a pound of fat, but burns about 9 calories to maintain a pound of muscle.
  • Ncharles2013
    Options
    It is a good thing you feel motivated. I tell my sister all the time if you are not ready mentally and emotionally , you won't do your best. Last year I started working out with INsanity videos. I went from 150 to 127 in like 5 months. Then I got a surprise ...I got pregnant... so this year I told myself I know I can do it. It's so hard at time, but it's worth it once you have the body you want. So yesss it can be done
  • NewKeriSept2014
    Options
    Feel Free to add me as a friend. Just one thing someone said, regarding muscle weighing more than fat. That is not true a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. Just like a pound of grapes and a pound of apples still only weigh a pound.The pound of fat spreads out, the pound of muscle is more dense, smaller in size because it is compact. By the way the higher your muscle mass, the faster your metabolism. Your body burns about 4 calories to maintain a pound of fat, but burns about 9 calories to maintain a pound of muscle.

ok thank you! good to know! thanks for your knowledge :)!
  • NewKeriSept2014
    Options
    Not only am I going to track my progression by the scale, but by my measurements and how I fit into my smaller clothes.

i am going to go by how i fit in my clothes as well. at the moment, i HATE wearing jeans!
  • NewKeriSept2014
    Options
    You will do great. There are lots of people on here willing to help motivate. I love having new friends and I try to post motivation comments, etc. daily. Feel free to add me as a friend.

thank you! :)
  • fisch10
    fisch10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me....i'm here to motivate others and receive support and motivation as well. It really does make a difference.
  • NewKeriSept2014
    Options
    Wait a second...did I just read a post on here that said you aren't eating 1200 calories a day or less? HELL YEA I WILL ADD YOU!

yes you read this correctly lol. I sat down with my bootcamp trainer on Monday and she did the math and said I need to eat 1700 calories!

i am eating 1700 for 2weeks, then 1600 for 2weeks, and then 1800 the next 2weeks
  • mindymh78
    mindymh78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on MFP for just a week now! I could also use some motivation and support! I will friend you :). Thx!
    Mindy
  • NewKeriSept2014
    Options
    Hi! I've been on MFP for just a week now! I could also use some motivation and support! I will friend you :). Thx!
    Mindy

Hi Mindy! Welcome! Look forward to motivating eachother! :)
  • adavis7433
    Options
    Nice to meet you too! I literally have the same exact story as you with using this in the past and not coming back consistently but I am as well motivated to use this everyday and get on track! I have a verrrry similar height and weight as well! Lets keep eachother motivated! We can do it!
  • taylerlyn0521
    Options
    feel free to add me! I'm 16lbs down from 152lbs! I'm at 136 & my goal is to lose 10 more!
  • Naomi0222
    Options
    Nice to meet you. I signed up on here last year but didnt do anything until just about a week ago. I have about 85 lbs to lose so I hope we can motivate each other. I will add you!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!