suggestions for exercise

Options
Does anyone have suggestions for someone who has at least 60 pounds plus to lose and is 46 years of age what they could start out doing for exercise? I am will trying some new things as long as they are not to difficult. Needs to be for beginner cause I am not use to doing much of anyhting for exercise. Walking and a bit of stretching thats about it.

Replies

• cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You can try Jilian Michaels 30 days shred. The work outs are good and are 20 minutes. Good start. Feel free to add me!
  • Bummdeal
    Bummdeal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a DVD by Leslie Sansone that I do every morning before work. It is 30 minutes of walking, and other easy steps. I find if I don't get my exercise in first thing in the morning I tend not to do it. She has many walk at home DVD's for different levels.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if you have a smartphone, download nike training club app.

it's free and they have loads of good routines
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have a DVD by Leslie Sansone that I do every morning before work. It is 30 minutes of walking, and other easy steps. I find if I don't get my exercise in first thing in the morning I tend not to do it. She has many walk at home DVD's for different levels.

this one for sure :)
    small weights- kettle bells whichever you prefer.....moving more to get started is good though....like doing squats and holding when you get something out of the lower cupboard .....or calf raises for the upper cupboards or when you are going up stairs....add glutes to that if you wanna also can do these when folding clothes or doing dishes :) running up the stairs rather than walking....grabbing grocery bags from the car one or two at a time gives you more miles too :) for each can of veggies etc you put in cupboard....do a few bicep/tricep curls....the challenge of finding new things to add to our everyday doings is fun too :)
  • Jday71
    Jday71 Posts: 39
    Options
    Try Jillian's 30 Day shred and walking
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii, Just Dance is really fun - a variety of song styles, dance styles, and levels. I recommend Just Dance 4!