Out of the mouths of babes. . .

So this evening I was changing my clothes when my five year old comes in, grabs a "love handle" and asks in all sincerity, "Mommy, why are you so fat?" As if that wasn't bad enough, my two and a half year comes in and starts chanting, "You are fat! You are fat! You are fat!"

*sigh* Guess they haven't noticed the 20 pounds I've lost!

I told my son that i am exercising and eating vegetables so that he won't have to have a fat mommy.

I was planning on having a Little Debbie snack cake after dinner, but I guess I'll pass. . .

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    :laugh: + :smooched: +:sad: +:grumble:
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    My son has made this observation of me as well before. There will come a day though when they understand how hard you have worked for those 20 lbs. Stay positive!
  • amanda8929
    amanda8929 Posts: 2 Member
    ...haha. small children are always brutally honest.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    I don't think kids that age really notice change like that. Now... the next time you get on the scale and find a loss, have them dance around with you chanting 'Mommy lost.'

Mind you... they might start expecting you to keep it up.
  • misspea7
    misspea7 Posts: 1 Member
    I've dropped over 80 pounds and as such have gross, flabby arms. I was drawing on a blackboard with my 5yo niece who grabbed a handful and asked me why my arms are like that.

Sigh.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Best compliment I've received so far was from my 6-year-old daughter, who remarked upon seeing my new swimsuit, "Wow, Mom, your skinny really shows in that suit!"
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    yep, my in laws were in town last weekend and my three year old announces to my sister in law, "You have little panties like me, Mommy has big panties" She's a size 2. ugh
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    mine always say your not fat, I don't know if they are blind or want something