How do you stay strong?

Options
2»

Replies

• katiedidit1
    katiedidit1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have to self talk daily. In the mirror, out loud I remind myself that I am WORTH getting well. You are worth it! If nobody else will tell you that then tell yourself. Loudly! Sing it in the shower. Talk about it to yourself in the car. When your snuggled up under a warm blanket with a fantastic book and your habit is calling to you tell it you are busy being warm and reading and that you are worth not having those damn cookies.

You are worth every great choice you make for yourself. Now say it. Say it louder! No Louder and mean it! There ya go.

Blessings!
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Working out keeps me from overeating.
    After I really bust my *kitten* and work hard, on the way out of my gym is a Smoothie King booth and yeah they look and smell and sound delicious and I could even tell myself they're sort of healthy but I can't imagine wasting all that sweat and time and work on snacks.

My gym is tied to my school and closes when the semester ends(or rather ceases to be free for students and I don't have the money) and I really got off track over winter break. I fell into all my old habits. Now that I'm back in school and at the gym, I am back in that mindset that as good as a margarita or key lime pie sounds, I feel better during workouts when I've been eating well and I feel guiltier after eating the good crap, like I just lost any advantage I gained if I go over my limit.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    i focus on my ultiment goal (to enter a drag queen contest) i want to look my best for it when i get down in weight and inches
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I watch videos of dana linn bailey on youtube. Mmmhm

I watch videos of Kai Greene. :drinker: I saw Dana Linn Bailey in the background shot of the gym he was working out at. :happy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1pjY1mDAa8
  • jencost1
    Options
    I have Diabetes and other health probs. My mother has diabetes as well and she just lost three toes to infection. Related to Diabetes. I don't want to have my health Problems anymore and I don't want to get as bad as my mom. If I lose weight I can reverse my diabetes and correct the other issues. But I have only been doing this for about a week now. :(
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm not staying strong. There's no mystery, I'm eating way too much. And I hate it. I want to beat this, get to my goal weight, rise up to the challenge and succeed in my goals.

Consider doing what Kai Greene does: he cooks all of his own food. He prepares ahead of time all of his food for the week, freezes it, doles it out in controlled amounts. He knows exactly what he's eating because he made it. He doesn't eat anything else.

They say your health is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Your diet is something only you can get a handle on.
  • MJH2
    MJH2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have two montras that ring in my head every day: "You must eat to loose" and "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". When I want that bite of Carrot Cake or some other indulgence, I ask myself if that will tastes as good as thin feels. Thin is long term, that sweet indulgence is very very temporary and may not be because I am hungry. I hope it helps.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I look at old pictures of myself :)
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    In my mind there is always a pix of my mom, overweight, went through 2 surgeries on the knees, can't really walk well, Resting heart rate averaging 80-90. Has high blood pressure, several minor strokes in the past, arthritis, rheumatism, etc etc....can't eat her favorite food, can't really go on tour. And I tell myself, I don't want to be like that when I grow old.
  • ma_oeuvre
    ma_oeuvre Posts: 123
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I appreciate it very much :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    it is all about lifestyle change. Once you accept the fact that you are going to change your habits to eat healthy and work out regularly then it becomes a lot easier. At least it was for me...I am at the point now if I do not work out I feel like an absolute slug...or if I eat a bunch of crap I am like WTF was I thinking...so days like that are few and far between now. I still get hungry - and there is nothing wrong with being hungry - it just boils down to making sure that you eat healthy, stay in a calorie deficit, and work out on a regular basis...adapt those three things into your life and there is no stopping you...Remember it is a marathon not a sprint.it took a long time to get out of shape and it is going to take a while to get back into shape..
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I just know that this is something where, even if I were to fail now, I would always try again at some point. So I just tell myself to keep going now, or else I'll be starting over in 6 months, and it will be even harder. Even if you stumble and have a bad week, keep going. Even if it's not going perfectly, it's still going better.