My friend and her "doctor".....?????

jcompton3821
jcompton3821 Posts: 109
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a friend who is losing weight so fast and I am SO jealous :grumble: so I asked her what she was doing different and this is what she said....she was seeing a doctor :huh: and "Taking tenuate-an appetite suppressant. Drinking a gallon of water a day-exercising 45mins a day and only eating 700 cals. Tried ww but couldn't ever get below a certain weight. I am finally over that hurdle!!!! ""

Does this sound OK??? :noway: Everything on MFP stressing at least 1200 cals a day...some need more...I'm usually still hungry after 1200 cals :sad: and exercise to get more cals!!!!

Just curious.......:ohwell:

Replies

• TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    starving children in Kenya are getting more nutrtion than that!

but seriously, there's no way that's "healthy". It's simply weight loss through starvation. The weight will come back as soon as her diet goes back to normal.
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    There was a thing on the news here and this sounds familiar...but I thought they were talking about the HCG 'diet'...and it all sounds very unhealthy to me. And what happens when you stop...I shudder to think about it.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    I'm no expert but it doesn't sounds smart to me. If she's seeing a doctor I'll ASSUME that those 700calories are crap free nutrition packed super powerhouse foods, and MAYBE she's getting all of her daily vitamins and minerals met between those and perhaps a supplement, but there's no way that enough macronutrients (carbs/protein/fats) for all of her bodies daily functions. Does she hav a lot to lose? I know doctors occasionally give obese people the green light on these kinds of diets, but if she's not obese I don't think that would be very safe, especially exercising on top.

It's hard to talk to people about it though, even if you express your concerns she'll probably just assume your jealous =/
This discussion has been closed.