JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    you know you're out of shape when you look down and cant see your toes

Been there and it sucks..

so have I, it truly does
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You know you're out of shape when you lose control of your racing zebra and fall off.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You know you're out of shape when your pants are so tight around your tummy area that you constantly have indigestion because the freakin' food can't get past your waist line to digest in a timely manner.

You know you're out of shape when you play Wii bowling and Wii Boxing for a while with a friend and literally need help to get up and down from the toilet for three days afterward.

You know you're out of shape when you have to lift your tummy up to shave anything south of the border...
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    When you tie your shoes on the inside because you can't reach far enough to tie them on the top.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    when you nearly smother yourself trying to do crunches
  • Shalia19
    Options
    you know you're out of shape when...you finish a workout & feel more than dizzy but fully DRUNK,ready to puke,heavy legs & dizzy. ~this is day 2 for me,and the bike did it...when does this start to feel good? ...at least i got plenty of fresh air
  • InFaMoUsJJ
    InFaMoUsJJ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You know you're out of shape when random strangers come up, poke you in the stomach, and expect you to giggle.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    When your resting HR is around 100 and all you have to do is go for a reasonably paced walk to get it to 140...you are out of shape. That was me 3 month ago...now RHR 80 and I can barely top 125 if I'm going at a brisk pace...pretty much have to just run now. Still not remotely fit, but it's coming.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    You can't complete even one swimming lap set in the time it used to take you to do the entire workout (and you can't even complete the full set to start with)

Your heart races, and you are out of breath from just swimming the breast stroke at a slow pace down the length of the 25m pool once

You get out of the pool, and your legs don't exist anymore, but have become jello instead.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    you know you're out of shape when...you finish a workout & feel more than dizzy but fully DRUNK,ready to puke,heavy legs & dizzy. ~this is day 2 for me,and the bike did it...when does this start to feel good? ...at least i got plenty of fresh air
    From what I understand it definitely helps to build yourself up. If you jump right into it hardcore after not doing much in the way of exercise previously, it's really really easy to get discouraged.
    Maybe start slow and leisurely, then as you get used to that go up a little faster, a little longer, etcetc from there.

I had to start really slow. I broke my 30mins of daily activity into three ten minute spurts over the course of a day, and just getting that in felt really good. And don't be afraid to google it either, or ask the fitness forum. c:
  • Nauti_Buoy
    Options
    When you keep rocking back and forth to try to get out of bed and eventually rock yourself back to sleep
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    When you keep rocking back and forth to try to get out of bed and eventually rock yourself back to sleep
    This made me giggle.

When you work out and squat down the next day at work and can't get back up without help.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    when you dont want to be on top with your spose because you cannot last more than 5 minutes......... true story...........
  • kimberly130
    Options
    Oh my goodness everyone so far these comment have made me laugh out loud! See were not alone! I love this, its motivation but in a positive way!!
    Oh congrats Cwolfman progress is slow steady add humor and it goes a long way!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: