calories for men vs. women

hull0480
hull0480 Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm slightly confused....my girlfriend and I are using this website together at the 2 lbs/week weight loss, but my daily calorie intake is 1290 and hers is 1200. I would think I should have a lot more calories than her because men burn usually burn more calories than women do (and I'm only about 25 pounds heavier than she is). Can someone explain how this works? I'm having a really hard time meeting the 1290 calories a day.

Replies

• I'm slightly confused....my girlfriend and I are using this website together at the 2 lbs/week weight loss, but my daily calorie intake is 1290 and hers is 1200. I would think I should have a lot more calories than her because men burn usually burn more calories than women do (and I'm only about 25 pounds heavier than she is). Can someone explain how this works? I'm having a really hard time meeting the 1290 calories a day.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    hull0480,

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer. You may want to post your question again on the Technical/Help Forum or on the Website Suggestion Forum. Maybe the webmaster will have an answer.

Hopefully you'll find your answer!

~cm
This discussion has been closed.