Blendtec vs. Vitamix?

Options
2»

Replies

• OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Blendtec.

I love my Vitamix, I just wish it fit under my cabinets. I bought the 32 ounce container at the State fair this year thinking that it would slide under my cabinets, it doesn't :/
  • mx2mama
    mx2mama Posts: 62
    Options
    I was at Costco today and the rep made the tortilla soup and it was AWESOME! I'm trying to kill my blender so I can feel less guilty spending the money to buy the Vitamix. My husband doesnt believe that our KitchenAid blender is unable to do everything the Vitamix does so I'm on a mission to kill the blender and/or prove him wrong! I'm pretty sure the blender can't make soup, tho.

I want one sooooo bad!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I got the Vitamix 5200C and I'm very pleased with it. After viewing demos of both machines, I went with the Vitamix 5200C because it was compact enough to fit under my low cabinet and was noticeably quieter than the Blendtec. We blended almond butter, coconut butter, smoothies, etc. - both machines performed excellent and you really can't go wrong with either. Sure, they are expensive; but considering how durable they are, you'd likely end up spending nearly the same if you have to go through a few cheaper blenders.
  • sironae
    sironae Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! It sounds like they're fairly comparable and that people tend to be satisfied with either one... reviews on amazon.com are similar. Now to work up the nerve to make the "leap". ;) I can't wait to start making green smoothies!!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I was at Costco today and the rep made the tortilla soup and it was AWESOME! I'm trying to kill my blender so I can feel less guilty spending the money to buy the Vitamix. My husband doesnt believe that our KitchenAid blender is unable to do everything the Vitamix does so I'm on a mission to kill the blender and/or prove him wrong! I'm pretty sure the blender can't make soup, tho.

I want one sooooo bad!

Make some paper in it. That's how I killed one of mine. Frozen bananas are tough to do too but make sure they're frozen hard. Oh and nut butters! Nut butter can make an inferior blender cry. :)
  • suzybills
    Options
    I recommend the Blendtec. It has the same warranty as Vita-Mix but is made a little better. They're both kinda loud, but with the Blendtec, you get better end results and don't have to use a tamper. Just select the blend cycle you want and you don't have to do anything else. The cycle turns off at a specific time, so you don't even have to watch it. If you're making smaller, thick blends (e.g., nut butters), then you might want the Twister jar too. I LOVE it!
  • IntegralPart
    Options
    My opinion on this might be a bit biased (I used to work at Vitamix), but I would definitely say to go Vitamix.

They're a great company that has been in business for over 90 years and make a great product that they stand behind. If anything on it breaks during the 7 year warranty, just send it back and they'll fix or replace it free of charge!

I've heard stories of Vitamix blenders being passed down from generation to generation and some still kicking after 40 years of use. If you do decide to go with Vitamix, use my promo code, 06-008079, and you'll get $25 off shipping.
  • suzukideb
    Options
    Vitamix. Going on 9 years. Will replace if it dies but I'm sure it won't and I have pushed it to the max making both healthy treats and a few too many margaritas...lol. I did see a demo on the blendtec seemed nice too. I have the grain container as well. Used it several times to make wheat flour from wheat berries. Yummy bread
  • mx2mama
    mx2mama Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks! I will try!
  • sironae
    Options
    I've heard stories of Vitamix blenders being passed down from generation to generation and some still kicking after 40 years of use. If you do decide to go with Vitamix, use my promo code, 06-008079, and you'll get $25 off shipping.

I have to get mine through Amazon, since I have a gift card there... is the promo code you're referring to for the Vitamix site itself?
  • mx2mama
    Options
    Just got the Vitamix yesterday! Already made a bunch of smoothies, tortilla soup, banana "ice cream" and frosty basil lemonade. LOVE IT!!!
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've had my Vitamix for a year, now, and use it EVERY SINGLE DAY! I make my protein shakes, and just made some delicious almond butter today, that's to die for. The only drawback is that's it's so loud! Therefore, I make my smoothies at night so I don't wake the whole house! Good luck!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    We've had our Vita-Mix for 8 years. Absolutely love it. I don't know anything about the other one.
  • Razzlebari
    Razzlebari Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been doing research, and YESTERDAY I finally took the plunge (after three years of obsessing and several months of saving and coupon-seeking) and bought a Blendtec. It is beautiful, has excellent recipes that come with it, and the one jar (the FourSide jar) works for wet, and dry ingredients (with the Vitamix, you need two different jars for that). So far, I'm in love!
  • debaloo
    debaloo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and really love it- use it every day. I think it just came down to reputation when I was choosing. The Blendtec has that reputation of "blend anything, watch it blend an ipad" kind of thing. When I first got the Vitamix I thought there was something wrong with it. I called the call center and spoke to some one from this country who was very knowledgable. They had me send it back and they sent a new one out right away.