Honeymoon ideas!?

azalea617
azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
I'm getting married in May. May 4, to be specific (Star Wars day..."May the fourth be with you!").

We don't know where to go for a honeymoon yet and I want to see what ideas you guys can come up with!

Stipulations: preferably no air travel (don't want to spend too much). No cruises. We live in southcentral PA, so somewhere within a reasonable (7 or less hours?) driving distance would be ideal, but not mandatory. Neither of us like cities. Beach would be fun, but kind of cliche and meh (plus, it will be early May). Wow. We sound boring.

That's why I need your help!! Give me reasonably priced ideas, people!

Replies

• azalea617
    bumpppppppp
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Niagara Falls, Canada. Driving distance, lots of fun things to do.
  • azalea617
    Niagara Falls, Canada. Driving distance, lots of fun things to do.

oh true! I think we thought of that a long time ago. definitely a possibility! :) thanks!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Niagra Falls is amazing & would make a great honeymoon. Great suggestion! We drove from MA a few years ago.
  • peggebrecht
    peggebrecht Posts: 16 Member
    A college friend of mine went to Savannah, GA for his/their honeymoon. He loved it.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    A college friend of mine went to Savannah, GA for his/their honeymoon. He loved it.

Savannah is an amazing city, has a beach close by, and would be beautiful that time of year.
  • Donica_Marie
    Donica_Marie Posts: 64 Member
    Niagra Falls is amazing & would make a great honeymoon. Great suggestion! We drove from MA a few years ago.

Niagra Falls does sound romantic by the pics ive seen pretty amazing at night or anytime of the day :))
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Butt sex!

Was that necessary?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Your bedroom... Seriously! Why pay a bajillion dollars to travel somewhere where you aren't going to leave the room anyway. :tongue:
  • azalea617
    Butt sex!

nothing new there, dude.
  • azalea617
    Your bedroom... Seriously! Why pay a bajillion dollars to travel somewhere where you aren't going to leave the room anyway. :tongue:

this is sad but ... we don't have cable. Lol. so hotels also provide the entertainment of having the tv on...we're weird. AND we get a break from taking care of our four pets... :)
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Plan a trip through the Smoky's. Or head down to Atlanta, spent last weekend there and Chattanooga TN, lots to do, great hotels and neat things to do along the way. Plus the scenery!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Washington DC, since butt sex is old news in yo' house... :laugh:
  • azalea617
    Washington DC, since butt sex is old news in yo' house... :laugh:

went to DC after xmas ... bleh. I like that city in general, but we do not like cities. the hotel was nice though.
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    My advise spend the money and go on a very nice honeymoon... Take a cruise you'll love it.
  • I know you said no cities, but Pittsburgh is where I'm from and its beautiful. There is also loads to do and the city isn't a crazy busy city like New York.
  • Head down to Asheville, South Carolina. Wonderful town, great restaurants, and the Biltmore Mansion is a really special place close by. Kind of a college town, laid back, and in the mountains and they should be in bloom around then. Cost won't be prohibitive, but spend some money going to the Tupelo Honey Cafe one evening and have a nice bottle of wine and some of their special entree's like Shrimp and Grits......absolutely fabulous. If you guys like mellow and beautiful, this is a very nice place to spend relaxing and fun time.
  • azalea617
    Definitely getting some great ideas, everyone! :) Luckily, we're saving a lot of money on the wedding because we're just doing immediate family at a small cafe nearby, one of the employees is even a wedding officiant! I'm SO excited to get married there because I absolutely love it. We were originally going to have a "bigger" wedding at a cabin with more family, but we wanted to save the 300+ bucks from renting the cabin and put it toward honeymoon stuff. :)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    any dream vacation for me involves being outdoors, hiking, canoeing, snuggling by the campfire.
    i don't do anything outside most of the time, but it's definitely what I look forward to.
    early may would be a great time to do many activities outdoors. not too many bugs yet, well most places in
    the north, and not too cold either. maybe you could rent a cabin with cable?
    or maybe there's a different outdoor hobby to try, or you already enjoy.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Take the trip but dont get married!! I'm so glad he decided to postpone the wedding...indefinetly as far as I'm concerned. Dont get stuck with a condescending *kitten* who makes less money than you. Oh wait thats my life...sorry random vent.