How long does it take

Options
My question is how long does it take for your body to adjust to a slash in calories? Not for sure but in the past it bet I was eating over 3000 calories a day. Now 2 months later I'm restricting my self to 1800 minus exercise around 1500 and carbs under 150. Some days I feel great others I feel I'm starving myself. Some days I feel I still eat to much or not the right things. 3 days ago I gave up all breads and pasta to cut carbs it wasn't easy. Maybe I just take more vitiams? Any help or ideas would be great.

Replies

• Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If you make a huge salad of fresh veggies, you will be surprised at how full you feel and you will have used up very few calories. Adding chickpeas, eggs and chia seeds to it with help with the protein part of it. You can even add a grilled chicken breast if you wish. I hope this helps.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My bigger question is why are you restricting yourself so much. If 1800 calories is leaving you hungry, you will likely fail in the long run. If your active you should feed yourself. I know personally, i saw greater progress at 2500-2700 calories than i ever did at 1800 calories. But if you want to stick to 1800, eat plenty of lean proteins, high fat foods, and fruits and veggies.
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm still new to all this 1800 just seems like a good place to be. I did some online things and they say to lose 2 lbs a week 2200 calories. I feel if I keep it low it keeps me on my toes to watch what I eat and to look at labels. If I had it at 2200 or higher I feel I would cheat myself.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You're probably cheating yourself at 1800 and it will come back to bite you in the *kitten* later. If you're hungry it's probably because you're hungry!
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You're probably cheating yourself at 1800 and it will come back to bite you in the *kitten* later. If you're hungry it's probably because you're hungry!

This doesn't include this month. I just moved my calories to 2300 today, was hovering around 2k this month.

I was hungry all the time. I just sucked it up and now I'll continue raising my calories until I get to maintenance. Dieting sucks, I discovered I wanted it over asap. I may be one of the lucky ones who's metabolism never crashed down to much. Personally I think most people simply cannot count calories correctly.
  • MJH2
    MJH2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You must eat to loose and I find if I stay just a tinge hungry all day and drink more water I loose more. I would eat enough to loose 1lb per week and bump your exercise each day, I think you may be happier and won't starve. That's what has worked for me. I just joined MFP as well but prior to it I lost 171lbs but because of some health issues I gained 80lbs back. I am working hard to get back to where I need to be.