Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

actually tastes pretty darn good

lcouterm
lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
OK, I'm trying to eat a little healthier so I take my own meals to work from home (chicken, fish, whatever) but sometimes I don't remember to bring lunch and being the struggling actor I am (ONLY KIDDING, I live in AK and get laughs where I can) today went to the store to see what lo cal / fat thing I could buy for lunch. So being thrifty (OK I’m cheap) I saw on sale this gardenburger, black bean / chipotle. I'm not a big fan of "veggieburgers" and I was looking for something else but decided to try it. I don't know if it was because I had really low expectations or it actually taste good, but I think it tasted pretty darn good. I want to get to my competing weight of 165 as soon as I can but really want to hit it before I travel back to visit my folks for there big 60th anniversary and visit all my high school friends

Replies

• jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    I have had the cheese boca burgers and can tolerate them when I cook them within an inch of being eatable and add blue cheese and chipolte or ketchup and mustard but I've never tried the black bean version. I thought about in the past but now I might give it a try. Thanks for the info.
  • Aartichokie
    Aartichokie Posts: 60 Member
    I am not a vegetarian, but I love the convenience of meatless products. Try Dominex eggplant meatballs~ FABULOUS! they are 90 cals per 5 meatballs (and there is 2.5 servings perpackage) I heat 'em up and throw a little sauce of one sort or another on them (Annie Chun's Teriyaki is wonderful) and eat up! YUM!...
  • Thanks for sharing! I like veggie burgers myself but haven't ever tried the black bean veggie burger! Sounds pretty good!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Black Bean Chipotle Gardenburgers are my favorite. I think they taste like Bell Beefer's used to when they had them at Taco Bell. I never thought I'd ever prefer a Gardenburger to real beef, but I really think I do.

Yum!
This discussion has been closed.