Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Irish newbie

daokeeffe
daokeeffe Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. Came across this app as I sought something to help with fitness. It has been my bible 4 last week. Had been keeping a food diary an'all. Amount of foods it finds as you search is phenomonal & just makes you like it more.
Anyone recommend pro's & cons of the app ?
Message board seems busy which is always a good sign.

Daokeeffe

Replies

• sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Hi there.

Welcome to a great site. It really does help to keep people motivated and the people here are great.

No real pros or cons to talk about with regards to the app. I just know that without it I genuinally believe that I would not have lost the 15lbs I have lost so far. I still have some way to go but I am going for the slow loss approach and trying for 1-2lbs a week. Some weeks nothing comes off but at least it is not coming back on.
  • Hey I am Irish too. It is a great site, but doesn't have a lot of the Irish brands yet. Welcome! :happy:
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Hi & Welcome!!

I love the iPhone app too, I think it's great for when your busy or away from home, means you can log foods throughout the day without forgetting anything, it's been the thing that's kept me on track. The site is great too and it's can be a real eye opener to find how much you may go over if you were not keeping accurate record of it. - Yesterday I was AMAZED by how many calories in small tub of coleslaw!!! (only been dieting for 20 years!!!)
    I would have eaten without thinking twice, instead logged it and had to spend an extra 45 minutes on my stepper to burn them off!!
    For the first time since having my son the weight I loose is staying off - normally creeps back on in few weeks or months after loosing it.
    That's what is so good about the site and the app, it's so fast and easy that it's not a problem to keep logging everything and keeping within your goals.
    I don't see any cons for either!! I think anything that helps us with our health issues can only be a positive.
    The people are really great too and it's lovely to think that there are so many other people all trying to loose weight too, sometimes you feel like the only one!

I hope you'll love the site as much as I do and it helps you get where you want to be.
    Mel :o)

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
This discussion has been closed.