Belly Dancing Work Outs

Does anyone know if there any belly dancing videos out there, to learn the dance at home? I would love to be able to practise at home, i took a class once and LOVED it, but there aren't any studios near me...

Replies

• jtod
    jtod Posts: 19
    Does anyone know if there any belly dancing videos out there, to learn the dance at home? I would love to be able to practise at home, i took a class once and LOVED it, but there aren't any studios near me...
  • Gorgeous
    Gorgeous Posts: 248
    you know the other day i was really bored
    and their was some on youtube that i did
    :)

hehe
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Yes there are dvd's out there. Natural Journey's make " Bellydance for Fitness dvd's. I have three:

Too Hip

Hip drop hip hop

cardio shimmy

I bet you could google them to see more. Hope this helps:smile:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    for very isolated movements with some yoga, check out Rachel Brice's 2 dvd's. both are great.
    also, i've heard fabulous things about suhaila salimpour's work out dvd's.
    if you're looking for straight technique and not so much in the cardio, jillina's dvd's are also great, she has excellent technique!
  • MsLadybug
    MsLadybug Posts: 55
    I'm a big fan of Ariellah's Contemporary Belly Dance and Yoga Conditioning. She will drill you sore and sweaty! Also good value as it has three of her perfomances, 35 mins of yoga, 75 of belly dance technique and 40 mins of cheoreography. Don't worry though, you don't have to do it all each day (although good on you if you do). I tend to change it up if i want to drill or practice choreo.

I also like Sharon Kihara's Tribal Fusion Bellydance. Also some drills and chereo. Its lighter than Ariellah's drills and it has a pretty routine to learn.

I also second the recommendation of Rachel Brice's dvds (the yoga on the first one may be difficult for a beginner but you can always skip it and do your own warm up). I especially like the second because it concentrates on graceful belly dance arms and upper body carriage and this is one of the areas that I need to work on.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Yes there are dvd's out there. Natural Journey's make " Bellydance for Fitness dvd's. I have three:

Too Hip

Hip drop hip hop

cardio shimmy

I bet you could google them to see more. Hope this helps:smile:

Seconded. I haven't been able to make it to class the past few months, and I've been using these. Also, on FitTV, if you have it, is a program called "shimmy" which is pretty good for technique and drilling.