Wanted: myfitnesspal friends

Options
Hey everyone,

So I really need some motivation.. and I feel like finding some super awesome people on here would help me with that. :)

A little bit about me:
I'm in college studying mechanical engineering. I know, I'm a nerd. My schedule is pretty crazy and it's hard to eat well let alone make time for the gym. It'd be nice to meet other college students who can relate to how difficult it can be to be healthy in college!

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    hey. pack healthy snacks almonds or any kind of nuts, dried friut carrot sticks pomegranet snow peas any thing small and that can fit in a bookbag. i always have several mixed bags of sweet and salty kinda munchees. you wont feel hungry.
  • Justact1
    Justact1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I kind of had to chuckle when I ready your post, only because when I was in college, I was taking 18-20 credits per semester and working part time and had WAY more time then I do now. LOL! I guess all I can say is that if you want it bad enough, you will make time to make it happen. The best advice is to spend some time when you do have it, making healthy items for the rest of the week that you can just grab and go. For example, Romaine lettuce holds up really well. I have a big bowl that I cut up the romaine and put in some peppers and onions and stick it in the fridge. When I'm ready, I take 2-4 cups, add some olives and cheese and head out the door with a healthy lunch. Another thing that I do is make protein and fruit shakes in the morning for breakfast in my Magic Bullet or Ninja or whatever you might have. While the shake is blending, I get lunch ready. I also always have a variety of nuts on hand that can just be thrown into a baggie and string cheese is a good snack as well. I also always have apples because you can take those anywhere and they are full of fiber, so they fill you up. Hopefully some of this helps. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need moral support or have any other questions.

Barb