Yoga?

rtrautmann
rtrautmann Posts: 57
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
So, I'm having a bit of a down point.
I'm really frustrated, and I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred (I've done 7 days) and I'm always exhausted after one of her workouts, of course, but exhilarated at the same time.

I'm high strung all the time, and I need a way to relax that isn't baking (which is what I resort to, and that's not going to help my weight loss). I was thinking Yoga, but I have no idea what is considered a good or bad tape, since I don't have the expenses to go to classes or anything. I did some Yoga when I had borrowed my friend's Wii Fit, and I really enjoyed it.

I also know that Yoga isn't really an alternative to working out, but I think I need to find my chi, or something along those lines.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    So, I'm having a bit of a down point.
    I'm really frustrated, and I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred (I've done 7 days) and I'm always exhausted after one of her workouts, of course, but exhilarated at the same time.

I'm high strung all the time, and I need a way to relax that isn't baking (which is what I resort to, and that's not going to help my weight loss). I was thinking Yoga, but I have no idea what is considered a good or bad tape, since I don't have the expenses to go to classes or anything. I did some Yoga when I had borrowed my friend's Wii Fit, and I really enjoyed it.

I also know that Yoga isn't really an alternative to working out, but I think I need to find my chi, or something along those lines.

Any suggestions?
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Sorry...hit the wrong button. For Yoga, I use the Biggest Loser DVD - Weight Loss Yoga with Bob Harper. It is a good workout and you will see results.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    If you are looking to relax and/or destress, I suggest Hatha yoga. I do a 20 minute routine that I found at yogadownload.com. These are mostly audio sessions (which I prefer) but they have pdf files of the poses and I think they have the moves demonstated, also.

A lot of the shorter sessions can be downloaded for free and there's a small fee for the longer ones.

They also have lots of different types of yoga there--workouts for weight loss included.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    I love Rodney Yee's videos. I've never tried one of his beginner yoga DVDs, but I'm guessing they're just as great as his others. I have heard great things of Shiva Rea as well.

If you aren't familiar with yoga at all, try and get a beginner dvd. They will go more in depth with the poses and how your body should be in them and what not.

Whenever I'm looking for something new I'll search on amazon.com and look at reviews.
This discussion has been closed.