Do I have to count it?

Fruits and Vegetables? Do I really have to log those into MFP? I did Weight Watchers last year and was successful on it, but I didn't have to track fruits or veggies. Those were always considered "free" points or calories to promote eating more of them.

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Points are not calories, different (albeit related) tracking system. There was a thread on this earlier today and another one yesterday if you search.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    This isn't WW. There aren't points here. Just reality. I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean it to come out that way. But all food has calories. There is no food that is calorie-free. Fruits and vegetables have calories, fiber, vitamins, minerals...it all matters.
  • natstar1021
    natstar1021 Posts: 12 Member
    I think it's important that you do count it. Because some veggies are "better" than others in terms of nutrient content, as well as sugar, starch (carbohydrates) and sodium (cuz canned veggies have higher sodium).
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    You can try it, see how you get on. However, WW is a different system, and I'm not sure you can pick and choose what you want to use from multiple systems and be successful, but what do I know?