Evening Snacking

Options
Is snacking in the evening a no-no even if it's still within my calorie allowance? I notice on other's food diaries that there are no entries after the dinner hour....how does one do that?? *_*

Replies

• chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It's all about calories in calories out so does not matter what time you eat them.

I don't eat breakfast most days for the reason that I would prefer a snack later in the day.
  • elboricua83
    Options
    Wish I could help, but that's a question that I have too... Can I eat at night? today I had Over a thousand calories to eat and it was 8pm, I didn't know if I should eat or not!!
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I frequently have a planned snack in the evenings for a couple of reasons: I find if I eat something before I go to bed, I sleep better, and I don't wake up starving in the morning, and secondly, when I am working, I work nights, and am used to eating during the night at work. I don't eat a heavy meal but rather frequent, small snacks (no time to actually sit down and eat a meal anyway). I am not in the habit of eating heavy at home either in the evenings..as I said, usually a light snack or a protein shake.
  • elboricua83
    Options
    Thanks u answer my question!!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    And there is my snack size York Peppermint patty that I have every night before bed.
  • Redpearl25
    Options
    snacking at night is my favorite!! All the kids are in bed, my husband goes to bed early since he wakes up super early for work. So I get to relax by myself and that is when I love to indulge. I'll usually snack around 10ish so I agree it doesn't matter what time you eat as long within calories limits. :)
  • WestCoastMom
    WestCoastMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input! I think I'm on the right track :)
  • tnbagwell
    Options
    I spoke for awhile with a nutritionist at the gym. They highly recommended some type of snack just before bed. It makes it that much less time that your body has to go without food, so you don't feel the need to overdo it the next morning.