Sedentary, lightly active, WHAT IS IT.

Options
I've been on this site for quite a bit of time now, and I have it all pretty much figured out. The only question I think I have left is whether or not I'm sedentary or lightly active.

Make no mistake, I work my butt off in workouts about 4-5 days a week on average. However, aside from about 2-4 hours ish of cleaning and cooking per day, I don't have much time to frolic about. I am a student, which means I sit at a desk for a long period of time whilst completing work, and then afterwards I like to use my computer for a good chunk of the night :laugh:
That means I sit on average 10-13 hours a day... which leads me to believe I'm sedentary. I just thought I'd post and see what everyone's opinions are, in regards to whether or not people (including myself) who must sit all day are sedentary or are lightly active because of their workouts.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i have mine as sedentary i think i would be in the same position as you , im currently not working at the moment but i bust my *kitten* in the gym 5 days a week on average ...
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'd say that 2-4 hours of activity makes you lightly active