Why I love MFP (to combat the moaning threads!!)

Options

Replies

• Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This is my 5th day w/ MFP, but its impact has been TREMENDOUS for my vigor to lose weight, get in shape, and reach out to people more.

I love the folks, the information, the tools and the ease of use! It's a perfect combination to assist most anyone with getting in shape and improving their life.

And, as kmcguirelmt said, accountability! A public diary has been essential in keeping me on task :)

I look forward to being a part of this community for the long term... Have a great day folks!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    there are a million people here (give or take 25) who are at war with themselves and winning.

the rest of the people on here don't register on my radar.

I enjoy being in the thick of the battle.

For me MFP is the front line for a lot of people.

Im not alone on my couch, Im out here, with my comrades, pushing to defeat evil.
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Im now an MFP addict as opposed to fb. Tis the first thing I check in the am, to see what my stateside friends have been up too, I have the app on my phone, and the last thing I check at night.... and its all FREEEEEEEE!!!!!

Amazing that there are so many people in the same situation, just trying darn hard to be better.

The positivity, support and no holds barred for info is fab, there is always someone that can answer a question/niggle.

Aww, I just <3 you guys!!!

*group hug*
  • PaulFields56
    PaulFields56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The foods list
    Watching my friends make progress towards their goals
    Making my own progress
    The advice, and sometimes healthy debates, about various aspects of nutrition and fitness
    The price
    Success stories
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I am motivated to do better and BE better

Abs... they didn't pop til I learned about nutrition and calorie counting - and I did that through here.

My friends list. Chalk full of the best, craziest, kick *kitten*, driven, determined, and amazing people!
    All the same kinds of people NOT on my FL (cuz it's too full to add more) - you inspire me via my friend's walls and forum posts

The forums - the sarcasm, humor, funny gifs, and stockpiles of information

The laughs.
    The love.
    The family.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I love MFP because it's free, I can get to it from my work computer, I learn a lot of things from the awesome people here - not only physical things, but emotional, mental and spiritual things too - I love the blog feature, I get to encourage other people and be encouraged, some people are super duper funny, some people are super duper inspiring...

... All in all, it's a great way to stay on the bandwagon. If you're ever about to fall off you think "But what about all my friends? I have to be there for them, I have to find out how things are going with them, I have to be a good model for them the way they are for me, and I have to show them that I can do a good job too!"
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    All of the above plus one thing. I read a study that followed weight loss for a group over 10 years. The biggest common factor of the participants who lost weight and kept it off was that they kept a log of their food over the 10 years. So here I am rapidly approaching 500 days in a row. MFP makes it incredibly easy.

I ran my 3rd half marathon in the last 7 months last weekend. When things got tough I told myself the same thing I say when I feel like getting lazy about food tracking. NO EXCUSES.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a post, OP!

I love MFP because:

1. The app and website have helped me shed 45 pounds and get to my GW.
    2. The app and website have helped me craft a workable maintenance plan. I will NEVER have to lose 45 pounds again!
    3. I have the most inspiring, caring, interesting, and information filled friends and they keep encouraging me.
    4. I learned how critical it is for me to watch sodium and boost potassium rich foods. I can control my blood pressure without pills. Thanks MFP!
    5. I've got a Fitbit now and it's a big part of my success.
    6. Despite the frequency of redundant posts (there is a search tool!), I really love how so many strangers will take time out of their day to respond to a frustrated and confused user and offer information and guidance. Most of these posts are overwhelmingly civil and helpful in tone. MFP is a wonderful community and I love being an active member!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    My FL. I am going to cheat and post an extract from my blog I did last month, but this is why:

Without the enthusiasm, encouragement and knowledge I have from many people on my friends list I probably would have either not stuck it out or at least would not have made it possible for me to achieve what I have.

I have amazing people on my friends list who, among other things, do one or more of the following
    - Provide me with knowledge and make me want to share it with others
    - Give me an opportunity to bounce ideas and thoughts off of them
    - Share in my enthusiasm for lifting and encourage me to strive for more
    - Share in their successes and make me want to share mine
    - Make me laugh
    - Make me want to be a good example that things are possible
    - Turned me into an ice-cream snob
    - Listen to me whining when things are not smooth sailing
    - Helped make me comfortable with myself
    - Send me nekkid pics…….j/k

And many other things that make me engaged and keep me sane.

- Send me nekkid pics…….j/k

.......you say j/k but I wonder.....:tongue::laugh:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    1) To track my macros

2) The people who make me bust up laughing on a regular basis

3) The wealth of knowledge and information
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of reasons I love MFP--

-I have leared a TON from the incredible smart people here.
    -GIFS are hilarious
    -I have met some incredible people I wouldn't have otherwise met
    -Finally having a really easy and available method of tracking calories AND macros
    -I hate the term "support" but seriously, my friends are awesome
    -It's free

But mostly
    -because I can be supah hot online.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    It is my chance to stand on my little stage and make people laugh.

And boobs.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    i love the fact that I have met some of my friends in real life..and they are as awesome in real life as they are in person...its great going out with people who eat and exercise..what a concept!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You. I like you. I like you a lot.

Kl9k95c.gif
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I love MFP because I can talk about my tan van, duct tape, and shovel and people think i'm joking.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    L2voV.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You. I like you. I like you a lot.

Kl9k95c.gif

I'm just here for the amazing memes... and Lea's boobs.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Because in the 21st Century, people who lose a ton of weight are this generations rockstars. And honestly who doesn't like groupies.

raises hand with vigor
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Being on MFP saved me from myself, and my obsession with food...I have learned so much here from reading, and listening. Ive come a long way, and cant wait to see what this year will bring.

The friends I have made here have been inspiring and amazing. This experience has made me see myself in a better light.

thank you.

Quoting my friend Crankstr! All true for me as well.

I still am working on the food obsession, but I am soooo much further along than I ever would've been alone. And I am sure I would've quit six months in, just like I had every time before, without MFP and you wonderful, amazing people. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. :heart: :heart: :heart: