injured No excersize?

natalia178200
natalia178200 Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
So I just fell and twisted my left ankle and landed on my right knee. the ankle doesn't hurt that bad but my knee is already swollen and throbbing. So it looks like no excersize for me for a couple of days. should I cut out some of my calories or just keep eating my 1200?

Replies

• I too have been trying to heal an injury. What's really been great for me the last few months has been swimming! It takes all pressure off the joints and really you burn lots of calories! So if you have access to a pool that is a great option. Or just doing something like lift weights and just stick with upper body so you won't be irritating your knee or ankle.

As far as eating try not to go under 1200. If you are not working out at all just try to stick as close to 1200 as you can. I'm sure a couple days off won't hurt!

Feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Definitely eat 1200. If you bandage your knee real good, you could probably go swimming. That's excellent exercise, and 0 impact on your body. There are products on the market that can seal out water from a wound.
This discussion has been closed.