Dont visible change

Options
I've been eating less then half what I would eat before my diet and exercising in some way near enough everyday yet i cant see much change at-all really, really upsetting as i've been really trying.

Replies

• Christine61314
    Christine61314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to like this but weight loss takes time and it takes longer the closer you are to goal. Perhaps you can try strength training to tone your body and I always remind my self that the weight didn't come on overnight so I shouldn't expect to lose it overnight.

You havent given any info about the types of things you eat or your exercise so I can't advise anything there.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Just because you can't see it yet doesn't mean nothing has happened. Have you weighed yourself? Have you taken body measurements?

I lost over 40 pounds before I could 'see' my weightloss to myself. This was after many months.
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    Make sure you are eating at least a net of 1200 calories a day (net- after exercising).
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    IT TAKES 4 WEEKS FOR YOU TO SEE YOUR BODY CHANGING
    IT TAKES 8 WEEKS FOR YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY, AND
    IT TAKES 12 WEEKS FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD.

KEEP GOING

(***saying taken from a poster i saw on pinterest - cants seem to get it to copy to here***)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I've been eating less then half what I would eat before my diet and exercising in some way near enough everyday yet i cant see much change at-all really, really upsetting as i've been really trying.

you need to give it more than 3 weeks! It took me 3 MONTHS to even see a decent change on the scale when I first started.

Take "before" pictures, and wait until the end of February and take another set. THEN you should see a difference!
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you are weighing in but you certainly are unlikely to visibly see a change this quick and if it comes off slowly (like it should) it's often tough to really notice until your clothes stop fitting you.

Follow a plan. Regulate and record your calories. Do some exercise and log that too. Weigh in once a week.

Sure enough before you know it the weight will be coming off.

Also open your diary of give some stats it really helps people to give advice!

Good Luck
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating at least a net of 1200 calories a day (net- after exercising).

Surely that should be "make sure you're eating over your BMR, whatever that may be"?

Not everyone's BMR is the same!
  • Bonnie2206
    Options
    I started a week ago. I know it didn't take overnight to gain the weight, but I thought since I am sticking to this diet all week. It would have moved a bit on scale. Discouraged when I weighed myself this morning. It didn't move an inch.