intro

Options
hi im new, confused and determined. what is a portion?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    A portion? That's the quantity of food you serve. Can you give me the context and I might be able to explain better.
  • mummydeer1
    Options
    soory, being thick, just confused about how much of things i can have in general. i suppose it will show me individual quantities on here somewhere.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    in general the items you eat will tell you how much you can eat in a portion or serving.

also for fresh item such as fruits and veggies or meats you should be able to get a general calorie count from here when you add food.

but you can also go to the internet and search portion sizes... that will help alot.

try not to let it get to confused. for the first few weeks.. stick to the basics

water water water .... seriously lots of water

find something or a few things to cut out or down in your diet. Like soda or if you usually have 3 cups of coffee... try to only 2 or 1.

if you like sweets. try to only eat sweets 2x a week or... find something you can track in your diet so that way you know exactly how much you are eatting and its not an estimate.

try to eat more veggies and fruit.

be sure to log/track your food. the more you do it.. the more it become a habit and not a hassle.

once you work on a few of these things you will have a lost a few pounds then you may have more of an understanding of what to do and how to do it.

do look at this as a negative thing. look at it a healthy lifestyle!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Have you tried entering something in your food diary? There will be a drop down box where you can enter exactly how much of what it was - 1 slice of bread, or 2 eggs, or 100g steak, or 58g salmon.

If you don't already have kitchen scales it's a good idea to start weighing what you're ating - you wouldn't believe how little 30g cereal is!
  • mummydeer1
    Options
    thanks for all the advice guys x first day of fast diet today. going well although its only 1.30!