This time I need to do it, support required!

Options
Hi there

I have been on MFP on and off for the last 12 months but this time I want to make it work. I think the problem is that I have had no constant support and motivation to keep me going.

I've got quite a bit of weight to lose, I am hoping to try for IVF in the summer but have to lose at least 40lbs before this can happen. Everyone who knows this knows this is the only thing holding me back from the actual appointment and cant understand why I find it so difficult - neither do I to be be honest. So, although the first few weeks have had food 'blips' (I am an excessive cereal eater) they have on the whole been good but I need someone to help me put the spoon down and likewise I can offer this in return!

Those who are loosing weight for fertility issues would be more than welcome to friend me, I'm 5'8 and weigh 233 lbs so anyone with the same kind of goals would be great

Thanks for reading
xx

Replies

• Brittjim1
    Options
    Hey! I need support as well. I have the drive but I need to know that someone else is out there that is doing it too and we can work on it together! I have a boyfriend who is supportive of whatever I wish to do but he does not want to completly change his eating habits with me, which means that there are temptations around every corner of our house that I need to contend with!

But I think you can do this! And I will be here to help and I think that as long as there is a team of us working together and sharing our stories we can all lose the weight we desire! Keep me posted on your progress!

:-) Today is day 1 for me so wish me luck, and Good Luck to you too!
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    We have the same goals basically! I would like to support you on your journey!
  • jennylynch1976
    Options
    I have exactly the same goals as yourself and would like to support you as we go along! :)
  • judyrumbold
    Options
    You may be the other side of the globe and a lot younger than me but I can help support you if you would like. I am new to this site (day 11) and still finding my feet but have found it uplifting to see how everyone rallies round to encourage each other. I am doing this for weight loss and fitness so I know what you will be going through. Glad you have made the first step again and let it be the first of many in the right direction.
  • beatoks
    beatoks Posts: 63
    Options
    im in the same boat as you, I've been on MFP since May last and I log in everyday, so will be very happy to support you.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great!!! Log in everyday, track your food and exercise, read the forums. STAY MOTIVATED!!!
  • vanessayoungss
    Options
    I have similar goals albeit slighter heavier.

I've added you and will support the best I can :) x