Friends?

Options
Hey there everyone!

My name is Liz.
I am on my weightloss journey since October where I started at a heavily intensive personal training studio. I lost a whopping 11 lbs in one month just from working out and minimally changing my diet. During this time I focused on portion control. Since then, I have been pretty stagnant only losing a couple pounds on my own. While I was at the studio I had constant support from the trainers. Unfortunately, I could not continue the studio due to traveling reasons (it was quite a ride to get there). So now I am at a gym 5 minutes from my home and now I am not saying that I would like a pat on the head every time, but a little encouragement goes a far way.

As well as me asking for encouragement, I will also give you encouragement. An eye for an eye if you must. I would love to see what other are doing on their journey to see what I could improve upon myself, and maybe inspire you?

Just a little about me:
23 years of age, I am certified to be a teacher, but I am a one-on-one aide in a school district, hoping to gain experience and more professional development to become the best teacher I can be.
I live at home with my parents, so it is hard to dictate what I have for dinner.
I am very determined.
I get most of my motivational quotes and workouts from Pinterest. I am a Pinterest freak! As well as a book freak :)

I hope you will befriend me :)

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Replies

• dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss!! And welcome to MFP!

Feel free to add me
  • suziorr1981
    suziorr1981 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz,

My name is Suzi and I've just started using this app but I am also doing the 5:2 diet at the same time. I started just last Friday so tomorrow morning is my official weigh in time ( I had a sneaky peak this morning though and was impressed to see I've lost 6lbs in as many days!! This could however change by tomorrow morning so I'm not getting my hopes up too much!) I haven't worked a fitness regime into my diet yet as I wanted to get my head around the whole diet/fasting thing first.

Like yourself, I have come to the site to seek other like-minded people to offer and receive support. I'm 5ft 1inch weighing a whopping 16st 4.75lbs so I am going to be here some time if I am ever going to get down to my desired weight target of 13 stone. I know this is still overweight for my height BUT I have not been skinny since I was 8 years old and can't imagine ever being skinny again in my life! To be able to shop for clothes without hassle would be a great start though! I'm not saying I will stop if I get to 13 stone either I may just carry on and see where I get to! In any case to get there I will need help. I don't know how to add friends on here as I only came online to the site this morning but if you would like to add me please feel free :happy:
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I added you :)
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support! Great job on the 6lbs! I wish you all the best!
  • nik2710
    nik2710 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats on weight loss. Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me.
  • sassy_sadie
    sassy_sadie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great job thus far.

You can add me if you like :)
  • MsSoleil
    MsSoleil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz. Congratulations and nice to meet you. I would love to add you! :]
  • Emaginesc
    Emaginesc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am getting back into the groove as well. Feel free to add. :)
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Cindy, need to loose 100 pounds, will turn 55 in July, this is my 2nd time around loosing 100 pounds and it is much harder this time. First time I was in my teens and early 20s. I have 3 adult children and a new grand daughter. Love dogs and live in the cold hardy northern state of MN. I have been on here awhile but just started actually using it this last week because my daughter who is also loosing weight wanted me to join her here. I intend to take my goals 10 pounds at a time until I see that magic number pop up on the scale. My motto is " There is no food that taste as good as being healthy feels." Been there once and know that this is true. Friend me if you think we can encourage each other. Talk to you soon! Chin Up /Weight Down
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on the steps you have already take towards your goals. Keep it up!
  • notdancinganymore
    notdancinganymore Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Would love to cheer you on in return for the same! Add me if you would like!
  • chocolate_barbell
    chocolate_barbell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck! You can do this! :)

Feel free to add me as well. :)