Now Eat This! - Rocco DiSpirito Cookbook

Options
elysant
elysant Posts: 139
I bought this cookbook when I was out last week. It is a bunch of recipes that the author (a chef) altered to be far lower in calories (everything in the book is under 350 calories). I was drawn to the fact that I could make something like Chicken Parmesan and still be under my calories for the day. The recipes looked good so I went ahead and bought it. I have planned this weeks meals to be from this cookbook so that I can try out some of the recipes. I have to say.... I LOVE THIS COOKBOOK!!!

I made the Chicken-Fried Steak with Sausage Gravy last night! YUM!!!! It is SOOOOOO good. Even my husband loved it! :o) There is this method for cooking things that are "fried" that involves zero oil! It's fabulous!! The original recipe had 1,890 calories per serving... the one from the cookbook, 317!!

Tonight I made the Grilled Chicken Parmigiano and ti was also amazing! I was really surprised by how good it was! ;o) Original recipe - 1,090 calories New recipe - 332!

I highly recommend this cookbook for low calorie dinners, soups, appetizers, deserts, sauces... they recipes are fantastic!!!

Replies

• rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh! Sounds great! I just got the Eat This Not That Cookbook yesterday and it sounds really similar! Also has some great tips. I'm going to have to look for this one too!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I saw him on Rachael Ray! I have to get that book! Another good one is Cook Yourself thin, faster..
  • kisstheprincess
    Options
    Isn't Rocco amazing??? They've been teasing that cookbook on RR for months, so excited that it's out. I haven't picked it up yet, but I plan to. He's on the Biggest Loser most every season too.
  • PecanTan
    PecanTan Posts: 47
    Options
    Thank you for sharing I am going to get that book, it sound great and perfect for me. Thanks again!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering how this cookbook is. I'm so glad to hear positive reviews!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I bought this cookbook when I was out last week. It is a bunch of recipes that the author (a chef) altered to be far lower in calories (everything in the book is under 350 calories). I was drawn to the fact that I could make something like Chicken Parmesan and still be under my calories for the day. The recipes looked good so I went ahead and bought it. I have planned this weeks meals to be from this cookbook so that I can try out some of the recipes. I have to say.... I LOVE THIS COOKBOOK!!!

I made the Chicken-Fried Steak with Sausage Gravy last night! YUM!!!! It is SOOOOOO good. Even my husband loved it! :o) There is this method for cooking things that are "fried" that involves zero oil! It's fabulous!! The original recipe had 1,890 calories per serving... the one from the cookbook, 317!!

Tonight I made the Grilled Chicken Parmigiano and ti was also amazing! I was really surprised by how good it was! ;o) Original recipe - 1,090 calories New recipe - 332!

I highly recommend this cookbook for low calorie dinners, soups, appetizers, deserts, sauces... they recipes are fantastic!!!

Are there many vegetarian recipes in it?
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options

Are there many vegetarian recipes in it?

Sorry it took so long to respond to this. I wanted to read through a bunch of the recipes to check first :o)

It depends on how strict you are. There are several recipes that include no meat, only cheese. There is also a section of seafood (mostly fish, some shrimp) dishes. There are 2 full sections dedicated to meat (poultry, beef, pork). There are several dishes that include meat but it looks as though you could leave it out and it would still be fine (pizza, pasta, etc).

:o)