Plateau already

Options
I'm at my week third of losing weight.
I'm 173 cm (5ft 8 inches) and I had 8 kilos (18 pounds) to lose. I lost 2 (4 pounds) so far. And now I'm stuck at 69 kilos (152.1 pounds). Have I already hit plateau?
I don't work out, I just walk. I can't do anything else because I hurt my back.
I'm eating amount of calories that MFP recommended ( 1360 calories).
I'm eating everyday something different and in one week I try to mix up my calorie intake (one day I will eat a little less, the next a little more) because I read that is the way to avoid plateau. I eat 5 smaller meals a day and I eat relatively healthy.

I really don't know why the plateau is happening to me. :(

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    not a plateau.

water weight is the most likely culprit.

also, you don't lose weight in a linear fashion.

spend some time reading the Eat, Train, Progress group. there's still quite a bit you should learn.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

PS - don't weight yourself weekly. it'll make you go crazy. shoot for monthly.
  • missheidig1
    Options
    i'm the same at week 3, although i actually had a 3lb gain after 2 weeks of 1lb losses. so disheartened but i have been assured from other members that the most likely culprit is water weight and this seems to be common for us new people at the 3 week mark.
    just got to struggle on and hope it is as easy to lose it as it was to gain it. oh, i was also advised to drink plenty water. stay positive and keep doing what you are doing :) xx
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Give it a few weeks. You only have 18 lbs to lose. It takes time to get the last few pounds off.
  • kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    Options
    not a plateau.

water weight is the most likely culprit.

also, you don't lose weight in a linear fashion.

spend some time reading the Eat, Train, Progress group. there's still quite a bit you should learn.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

PS - don't weight yourself weekly. it'll make you go crazy. shoot for monthly.

THIS!
    A plateau is defined as weight loss that has stalled for 6+ weeks. Usually when weight doesn't change week to week its water weight.

And...don't let your back problems limit you. I had severe back issues that sometimes would make it difficult to stand up once i had been sitting for 5mins. It was a mental struggle telling myself "ok, put your feet on the floor and find the right position and then fully stand up." It was daunting and frustrating and honestly embarrassing sometimes. BUT...i started doing cardio, on the elliptical and eventually the bicycle at the gym and BAM...15lbs later, my back pain is minimal to none. Working out honestly can help relieve pain due to back problems. Go to google and type in "they were wrong". Watch the video. Nothing is impossible!
  • ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So it's water culprit. :D I will continue to eat the way I eat now, I was just a bit disappointed..

@missheidig1 So I'm not alone :)
    @Gramps251 This is not my last few pounds, that is all that I want to lose. But I now the less you have to lose slower it goes. :(
    @kcallas88 I'm listening to my body and I do what I feel I can do. I won't push it because I don't want to go through recovery process all over again. But thanks for the motivation. ;)