Am I cheating ???

Options
So, when I finish my food diary early in the evening, and I find I'm over or too close to my calories for the day, I go out and do a 20-30 minute power walk. (Though I don't go to get food, like I used to do!) Or, I get off the bus a stop or two early to increase my walk/exercise time that way.

Is it cheating to exercise after I've blown my goal, so I can NOT eat back the calories and be under...?

Replies

• PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    who would you be cheating? You're the grown-up, you set the rules! You're discovering that you can balance what you eat with the activity that you do, that's all.
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters if you exercise before or after, as long as you do!!
    If you always have to exercise in the evening, you don't want to eat back all your calories when you get home at 9:30/10:00 pm, right?
  • robertstavely
    Options
    I don't think that's cheating at all! I think this is exactly what MyFitnessPal is for, i.e. creating awareness of what you are eating and how much you are burning (or need to burn) to stay on track, its not there to trip you up at the end of the day. The fact that you are acting on it is really great. Deleting a few snacks would be cheating, however :) Keep up the good work.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's cheating at all! I think this is exactly what MyFitnessPal is for, i.e. creating awareness of what you are eating and how much you are burning (or need to burn) to stay on track, its not there to trip you up at the end of the day. The fact that you are acting on it is really great. Deleting a few snacks would be cheating, however :) Keep up the good work.

^ this exactly. thats why you get more calories after you work out because of what you burned! good job!
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options

^ this exactly. thats why you get more calories after you work out because of what you burned! good job!

I agree 100 % .... this is what we are allhere to learn..how to manage the calorie intake & exercise to create the results we are looking for .. good job in not just accepting the overage and doing something about it! BRAVO!!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options

Yep, listen to this smart man. He's right. You are never cheating yourself if you catch yourself and make an effort!