Mini Pizza Puffs... soo good

Options
rissa1322
rissa1322 Posts: 107
Hey All

Going off Joanna's buscuit recipe for her pot pies i created this pizza puff today. they are soo good and only around 86 calories
Ingredients
i can of the 7.5 oz pilsbury biscuits(the container will say 150 calories per serving, but its three biscuits
1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese
1 serving(17 slices) of the Hormel turkey pepperoni
1 cup regular spaghetti sauce

1. Preheat oven 400 degrees
2.mix all ingredients but the biscuits
3. flatten out each biscuit on the counter to make a bigger circle and put a spoonful of the mixture in the middle
4. pinch up the corners to make a sort of pocket
5. place in the well of a muffin tin

do this for all ten biscuits
bake in oven for 12-15 minutes

Depending on ur ingredients they are about 86 calories. If i would have used special healthy sauce they would have probably been less. i will try it with veggies and maybe ground beef

i posted these in foods under mini pizza puffs
ENJOY!

Replies

• rissa1322
    Options
    Hey All

Going off Joanna's buscuit recipe for her pot pies i created this pizza puff today. they are soo good and only around 86 calories
    Ingredients
    i can of the 7.5 oz pilsbury biscuits(the container will say 150 calories per serving, but its three biscuits
    1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese
    1 serving(17 slices) of the Hormel turkey pepperoni
    1 cup regular spaghetti sauce

1. Preheat oven 400 degrees
    2.mix all ingredients but the biscuits
    3. flatten out each biscuit on the counter to make a bigger circle and put a spoonful of the mixture in the middle
    4. pinch up the corners to make a sort of pocket
    5. place in the well of a muffin tin

do this for all ten biscuits
    bake in oven for 12-15 minutes

Depending on ur ingredients they are about 86 calories. If i would have used special healthy sauce they would have probably been less. i will try it with veggies and maybe ground beef

i posted these in foods under mini pizza puffs
    ENJOY!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea! Any breakfast ideas?
    :smile:
  • rissa1322
    Options
    breakfast... ill give this credit to joanna.. but we did sometihng similar with

the buscuits, eggs, turkey bacon and cheese

just spread the buscuit in the muffin well and poor in the other stuff
    bake for 10-15
  • annielouise
    Options
    my favorite breakfast - or lunch too - 1 toasted thomas' 100 calorie english muffin with a wedge of laughing cow lite cheese and one or two slices of oscar meyer thin sliced turkey. 175 calories with 2 slices of turkey 155 with one. or an open face under the broiler with 1/2 a muffin and one slice of turkey is only 105!!
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    awesome, another thing to try!

In fact this sounds good for dinner! What would be good to go along with them?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! I don't do dairy or eggs, so it is tough to come up with ideas.
    :smile:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    This one did not work for me. I'll have to try it again. I followed the directions and it turned out really salty. My husband liked them, either that or he didn't want to hurt my feelings. :laugh:

I will try them the breakfast way one of these days.
  • rissa1322
    Options
    Ynot.. did u use the pepperoni??

that is prolly what made it salty.. u can just cut back on the pepperoni and it wont be as bad
  • Erica92627
    Options
    Ynot.. did u use the pepperoni??

that is prolly what made it salty.. u can just cut back on the pepperoni and it wont be as bad

I did use pepperoni.
    I also could not close the biscuit, some of them the sauce ran out and umm.. I am not sure what I did wrong.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options