"7 day diet" and detox baths

Options
I am starting the 7day diet today (today is fruit day) and was wondering what kind of weight loss I could expect if I combined it with daily detox baths? Has anyone tried this? Or even just tried the 7 day diet?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    7 Day Diet?

What happens on Day 8?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Another crazy quick loss idea. Just eat normal food within your budget and forget all the fads.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not big on BS fads.
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    7 Day Diet?

What happens on Day 8?

I feel an appropriate response to this would be that the world ends...
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    you probably will only lose a pound or 2 youll gain it back the next week.....just eat how you normally do just small portions and exercise
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    barring any sort of medical conditions: calorie deficit + healthy food + exercise + enough sleep = healthy loss over time.

anything else is just making someone else rich or popular.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Cleanses and detoxes are scams designed to get your money. You're better off steering clear of them entirely.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    No just noooooo Don't do it....... Your body naturally detoxes (unles you have liver ot kidney issues) you can actually cause yourself harm..........
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I am starting the 7day diet today (today is fruit day) and was wondering what kind of weight loss I could expect if I combined it with daily detox baths?

depends on the size of your caloric deficit
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i think that the most weight loss will come from the wallet area.

measure, log, move a little, stay in caloric allowance. that's it
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    In 7 days you will probably drop some water weight. In around 21 days you'll be back to square 1.
    Suggest you skip the nonsense diet and detox stuff and just do this for real.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    What the fudge is a detox bath? Do I have to share a bath with Dr. Oz? My tub isn't very big....
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    honestly, I would spend more time worrying about how much weight I would gain on day 8
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Quite the slew of "x Day Diet" threads lately. This is my first new year though. I guess maybe it's normal.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Quite the slew of "x Day Diet" threads lately. This is my first new year though. I guess maybe it's normal.

New years resolutions. Slew of newbie knowitalls as well.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

Yeah - pretty normal!

OP - what will likely happen if you do this is that yeah, you'll drop a few pounds, mostly of water weight this week. By day 8 though, you will be so desperate for normal food and be so hungry (that is assuming you even make it the 7 days) that you will eat a lot of food and best case, end up in the same spot you are now, but with the experience of having a very miserable week and smelling pretty foul while eating a lot of fruit and cabbage soup. I can tell you though, that the recipe for the cabbage soup is pretty tasty and if you like that sort of thing, I'd say make the soup as an occasional meal without the rest of that diet.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    From someone who has tried these sorts of things, I really hope you decide not to do this. It's your decision, but you deserve better treatment than this. We all do.
  • blondiethorne
    Options
    dont do it