what do i need to do to tone

dawnlo77
dawnlo77 Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
i have lost 56 pounds and i can see a big difference in my body, however I need to start getting rid of the "flabby" areas. what do i need to do and will it all go away?

Replies

• Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    I can't say that it'll all go away but to tone up I would get some hand weights (heavy enough to challenge yourself) or resistance bands. That should definitely help as long as you keep at it.

Good luck!
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    I would like to know too. I've heard if you lose weight too fast it is hard to get rid of the "flab". My first guess is muscle strengthning execises...weights...Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred...Anyone else have ideas? P.S. Congrats on losing 56! Awesome!
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    I def agree, start doing some excercises with dumbells. i have a routine I do that takes me about 40 minutes and i have lost a buttload of inches!! I can really see a difference in my arms and underarms. My hubby told me I'm getting some "guns!"lol I also noticed a significant change in the cellulite in my upper legs. Its not gone yet, but its really not too bad anymore! I might be able to wear a swimsuit this year! For my legs, I started out with floor excercises, then increased the reps, and once I was really use to it all, I started wearing 5# leg weights! That's a great workout!! Good luck!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Jillian Michael's has some great toning DVDs - 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones (LOVE it!), and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism ($9 each at Walmart). She's also got a Yoga Meltdown that I think I'm going to have to try. Do those and then consider P90X - we're going to start in April and we've heard nothing but great things about it!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I've started lifting weights and running and I'm going to do Pilates as well. I've heard good things. I hope it will work cuz it's my belly and thighs that I'm not happy with at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.