Breakfast Ideas!!

Options
superstarcassie
superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
Hello everyone! I am in need of some tasty and filling breakfast ideas! I am getting a little burnt out of oatmeal- I've been eating a lot of the quaker low sugar oatmeal packets. Thanks! I would appreciate any of your ideas!

Replies

• dani5180
    dani5180 Posts: 1
    Options
    I make a smoothie about every morning for breakfast. There are so many different variations that it doens't get old! With the ingredients I use, the smoothie equals about 300 calories and it's very filling because I put in vanilla yogurt. I have a problem with yogurt so it's a way for me to get that in also and not even taste it.
  • ValleyGirl2
    Options
    I love Kellogs Special K Berry (1cup) with 1(cup) of fat free milk every morning. I sometimes throw a banana in there as well. I usually eat on the run, so this is my usual breakfast that I put in my favorite cup...weird I know :smile:
  • kiwiraz
    kiwiraz Posts: 34
    Options
    I love egg sandwiches. I put a slice of cheese on whole wheat bread, the put a fried egg on top and top with salsa. Delicious!
  • GreenieBean
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts is an egg on wheat toast with a slice of cheese, a tomato slice, and lettuce. I dip mine in hot sauce because I love hot sauce! It's good with some salsa on it too to make it kind of western I guess you could say. Yummy!
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If you like cold foods too, I have really enjoyed mixing Kashi Go Lean Crunch! cereal with Stonyfield Organic Low Fat French Vanilla yogurt. The cereal meets my need for a little crunch in my diet & the yogurt is soooo yummy, I don't even miss not having ice cream. I also use a smaller portion for a snack sometimes. GOOD STUFF.

HTH! :flowerforyou:
  • GreenieBean
    Options
    I love egg sandwiches. I put a slice of cheese on whole wheat bread, the put a fried egg on top and top with salsa. Delicious!

ha looks like we were thinking the same thing. You beat me to it! That's how delish it is haha
  • sjjacks
    sjjacks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a kashi waffle with 1/2 cup of low fat yogurt topped off with 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries and half a banana on top of that.
  • Tracey0829
    Options
    I eat a Myoplex carb control protein bar (chocolate peanut butter) for breakfast around 8-8:30. I love them and I am full till about 1:30. just an idea.:heart::smile:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    One thing is never enough for me. I like a variety. I eat 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese with a teaspoon of any flavor jam, 1/2 cup of melon, and a mini sandwich of laughing cow cheese between two pieces of Pepperidge Farm Very Thin Whole Wheat Bread. It looks like a mini buffet on my plate and I believe it's all under 300 calories.
  • mm624201
    mm624201 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love Raisin Bran Extra! It has yummy cranberries in it as well as raisins. I eat with 1% milk and its a tasty breakfast that holds me over until lunch!
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    Options
    I love to have that FULL Feeling (hence I'm here because of it)

But really love:heart:

:heart: RAW Oatmeal, 1 tsp sugar or artificial sweetener & 1/2 COLD Lowfat Milk
    :heart: 1 Fried Egg Atop 1 piece of toast/english muffin
    :heart: Special K with Chocolate Pieces & Low Fat Milk

Keeps me full longer :flowerforyou:
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Cooked egg white (in microwave) on 45 calorie bread toasted (Sarha Lee or Aunt Hatties brand of light bread) with .5 tb schmear of margarine. Or an egg and cheese burrito made with whole wheat low cal tortilla, egg whites, and a slice of your fav. cheese with a squirt of ketchup or some salsa. Or, same thing but replace the tortilla with 100 cal thomas english muffin or the new thomas bagel thins worth 110 cals.
  • valerieflames
    Options
    I love Eggo's low fat whole grain waffles with one sliced banana and a few tablespoons of whipped cream!
    Yum. :)
  • haileyco
    haileyco Posts: 68
    Options
    1/2 c fat free plain greek yogurt (trader joes or fage are the best brands)
    1/2 c fruit (blueberries- fresh or frozen thawed, banana, peaches, etc)
    1/2 c fiber one bran cereal OR 1/4 grape nuts or 1/4 bran buds
    if you are not used to plain yogurt, add a packet of truvia (stevia cal free sweetener)

mix right before you eat......SO yummy and SO filling. lots of fiber and protein to fiil you up and keep your blood sugar stable, so you feel full longer!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites
    1/2 c. tomatoes
    1/2 c. onions
    3 or 4 slices of green bell peppers
    1/2 slice low-fat swiss cheese
    Low fat toasted English muffin

Cook the eggs with a fe sprays of Pam. Toss in the onions and tomatoes until only slightly soft. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
    Place the mixture on half the toasted muffin top with cheese and bell peppers. Pop on the top and enjoy! Really tasty and low in fat and calories.

You can have this with a glass of skim milk or smoothie! YUMMY!
  • jwross
    jwross Posts: 2
    Options
    Oatmeal can be boring but you can dress it up a little with a table spoon of peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of surgar free maple flavor syurp.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    for some reason, i always crave something sweet in the morning. i never have a taste for sandwiches or eggs untill later in the day. so my breakfast is always fruity and sweet.

i have a large variety of kashi cereals in my pantry. i have a bowl with skim milk and throw in some sliced banana or strawberries or blueberries. i found that the high protein cereals keep me full the longest. Also, the crunchy cereals are good in yogurt or dry as well. Kashi Go Lean Crunch! is higher in calories, but very filling, and also crunchy and sweet. that's one of the cereals that i can eat plain or add into other things.
  • wartburgkate
    wartburgkate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    raisin bran crunch, dannon all natural vanilla yogurt, cinnamon (for antioxidants obviously!), and milk

yum!!!!!!! i crave it everyday when i wake up :)

otherwise you can do what my dad does.. by those high fiber wraps and put something on that... peanut butter, or scrambled egg, or something!

smoothies are good but i'm guessing that you are too lazy to make those in the morning since i know you so well. :)

i've heard you can make oat meal with apple juice and it adds a different twist!

love you!
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great ideas! Katey- you are so right....I am too lazy to make a smoothie! haha! :)
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal can be boring but you can dress it up a little with a table spoon of peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of surgar free maple flavor syurp.

Another variation I love of this is oatmeal, vanilla extract, peanut butter & cut up banana (from Simple & Delicious magazine). It's AWESOME! :)