Chef Boyardee Diet?

Replies

• darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    calories in vs calories out...

amazing.
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    haters gonna hate,if it works,and is short term no harm,I bet once you get close to your goal weight it will be harder to do the can diet,,,,
    good luck!!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    But when it comes back out within a half hour do you really have to count those calories anyway? That's probably what causes you to lose...
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    The Cocaine Diet is better. You are all AMPED up for your workouts.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    I'd much rather enjoy a variety of foods, tastes, textures and colors in moderation and still lose weight then live on Chef Boyardee!
  • I'd be afraid of turning orange. D:
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Ugh, I could never only eat 3 cans of chef boyardee a day.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    cant-tell-if-stupid-or-trolling.jpg
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    One question...If you consume Chef lasagna, do you *kitten* ravioli? :bigsmile:
  • johnlent
    johnlent Posts: 20 Member
    The Cocaine Diet is better. You are all AMPED up for your workouts.

Yeah, but it certainly is NOT $3 per day.
  • johnlent
    But when it comes back out within a half hour do you really have to count those calories anyway? That's probably what causes you to lose...

In all seriousness, I'm more "regular" than I have ever been in my life. Whoever told us all about getting gas or having to use the facilities all the time if you eat this stuff totally lied.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    I would be hungry on this diet. Do not like.
  • johnlent
    I would be hungry on this diet. Do not like.

I thought I would be too. As it turns out, 15ozs of food at a sitting is really a lot of food. When you get to bowl you feel pleasantly full.

Granted, when you are "on the go" and eating a can of cold dinosaurs and meatballs in the subway, there is the dirty look factor to consider. Then again, the smelly homeless guy, the "dance" group trying to score loose change and the drunk throwing up on the A train sort of distract from that.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    I'm British, I never had the pleasure of eating a Twinkie.......

lol... ill send you some if you want.. trust me that you are not missing out on anything. lol
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Geez people I thought the point of this site was to be SUPPORTIVE, not condescending all the time. All things are not created equal. What works for one may not work for another and who is anyone to knock anyone else or make snide remarks? While I do not eat Chef Boyardee for every meal, it is frequently one of my lunch staples as it is fast, filling, cheap and doesn't blow my calorie intake for the day.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    So I have had some amazing success over the last 29 days or so with a somewhat bizarre but not hyper-restrictive or unhealthy diet plan. The easiest way to explain it: I eat one multivitamin and three cans of Chef Boyardee per day (roughly 1500-1600 calories daily). In addition I drink lots of water and get and average of 12 miles of jogging in each week.

How can that possibly be healthy you say? Well apparently the newest science is that its not high sodium that kills you, its sodium that is out of balance with potassium.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/507014-the-relationship-between-potassium-and-sodium/

So, a typical can of Chef Boyardee has 520 calories, 1200mg of Sodium and 1380mg of Potassium (Whole Grain Mini ABCs & 123s with Meatballs).

It's also pretty evenly balanced in terms of fat/protein/carbs - gives you just under 1/3 of your daily recommended values of each.

I know, common sense says that much processed food cannot be good, but I've lost 19 pounds in 29 days, my blood pressure is 116/73 and I feel great.

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

23676669.jpg

Ok.. i'll play.... add veggies to your Ravioli, and eat an apple for dessert...
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    I would never do a Chef Boyardee Diet; however, being a college student with little resources to cook and little money to buy food like others do on MFP, I will say those little 200 calorie microwaveable cups make a wonderful quick lunch or snack (and they satisfy my "junky" craving without being too junky)
  • I wouldn't do it. You need some balance. I didn't read all of the posts, but you better eat something fresh or you'll end up with scurvy. My cousin was living on Taco Bell and ended up getting it TWICE.

But I have to disagree with the person that said only clean foods cause weight loss. I've lost close to 50 lbs now, and most of the time I am not eating that healthy. My sister lost 80 lbs a few years ago, and she spent ALL of her calories on chocolate and pizza on some days. I remember a time she went to the mall and spent all of her calories on Cinnabuns. No, it's not the smartest choice, but you can lose weight eating ANYTHING as long as you control your portions/calories.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    i used to eat canned ravioli back in the day but not any more ..what i really try hard to do is make my meals . it can be tiresome at times but i found that its been helpful for me in regard to living in the real world of eating on the fly . if i make food ahead of time and put it in containers , i can grab them out of the fridge before i leave the house.

eating processed food was a big reason why i tipped the scales at 300lbs .. the amount of food i eat now in comparison to something like a can of ravioli is huge. im so used to full plates of healthy food now that a serving of canned ravioli would make me feel deprived now.

i must admit though i did go back to fond momories of eating chef boyardee ravioli after reading your post ..that stuff sure does taste good
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    They just taste too canny for me. I lost weight on my 32oz Pepsi diet. It was yummy! However, the further along I got into it though the more I get excited about nutrient dense food and learning how to cook better, and a meal of raviolis with a nice marinara and some parmesan cheese that sounds so yummy!

But they are fortified and actually quite high in iron. As I've said a million and one times there is no such thing and a bad food, and if you round it out with some variety, keep moving and try to stay hydrated you are going to do great! But I imagine as you move along you will start to branch out and start looking at some of the nutrient dense food out there.

I wouldnt rip the guy a new one for liking canned raviolis. If its working labs cardiopulmonary is strong are looking good you are stronger you can move you feel good then who are we to judge.