Regrets?

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
There was this really cute pink vintage style cruiser bicycle on Kijiji a few months ago, and I was going to buy it. I didn't, and now I regret it. Ah, I feel better now.

What do you regret?

Replies

• froggy905
    froggy905 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Getting this overweight and out of shape!

Haha but seriously, I try to live without regrets--keeps me sane.
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    i regret drinking a whole bottle of wine last friday when i was hanging out with my friends. ugh! such a waste of calories, although i havent seen any consequences... phew!
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Wasting my twenties away and accomplishing nothing with my life. Letting untrue remarks/insults affect me despite being untrue. Not believing in myself. Not realizing that I'm capable of so much more. Eating my misery away instead of dealing with it.

So many things. I can go on forever.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    i regret drinking a whole bottle of wine last friday when i was hanging out with my friends. ugh! such a waste of calories, although i havent seen any consequences... phew!

I regret spending $15 on junk food tonight, and I know I will most definitely see the consequences. Eek.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Wasting my twenties away and accomplishing nothing with my life. Letting untrue remarks/insults affect me despite being untrue. Not believing in myself. Not realizing that I'm capable of so much more. Eating my misery away instead of dealing with it.

So many things. I can go on forever.

Oh, I could too, believe me, but tonight I really regretted not getting that bike! lol
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I regret blowing my $13 000 winning in 4 months on crap AND THEN continued spending money as if I still had the $13 000 for a year after. That was 6 years ago and I'm still paying off the debt.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Getting this overweight and out of shape!

Haha but seriously, I try to live without regrets--keeps me sane.

Froggy, if you can teach me how to live regret-free, I will give you a million bucks.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I regret blowing my $13 000 winning in 4 months on crap AND THEN continued spending money as if I still had the $13 000 for a year after. That was 6 years ago and I'm still paying off the debt.

I wasted $20, 000 once upon a time, so I know how that feels. A do-over would be good. My poor brother won a million in the lottery a few years ago, and is broke today...talk about regrets.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I have no regrets.

To regret means you would go back and undo something you've done in the past.

There is nothing I would undo even the most miserable of experiences. They all add up to make me who I am and they've all contained their own lessons, big and small. I like me (for the most part.. :-p) and to undo a thing would mean to undo me. To undo something means not getting whatever lesson there was entwined with the experience - which may have resulted in a worse experience or multples because I didn't get it the first time (which has happened, btw).

No - regret is alot like jealousy - pointless (in my mind) and a waste of energy. Rather revel and celebrate who you are and all that made you - pros and cons alike for none of us are perfect, we are all as unique as the experiences that have shaped us.

So... where's my million dollars? *grins* j/k.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I regret not losing weight sooner. I always fought it, fooling myself into thinking I was healthy. I'm almost 38 years old and I've lived my life in utter pain and misery for so long because of my weight.

I regret not finding my passion and being stuck in a job I hate.

BUT....I can look forward to the future and to great changes that I know I will never regret. I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. I've mapped out career changes so I can unstick myself and pursue my passion and find a job I love.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I have no regrets.

There is nothing I would undo even the most miserable of experiences. They all add up to make me who I am and they've all contained their own lessons, big and small. I like me (for the most part.. :-p) and to undo a thing would mean to undo me. To undo something means not getting whatever lesson there was entwined with the experience - which may have resulted in a worse experience or multples because I didn't get it the first time (which has happened, btw).

No - regret is alot like jealousy - pointless (in my mind) and a waste of energy. Rather revel and celebrate who you are and all that made you - pros and cons alike for none of us are perfect, we are all as unique as the experiences that have shaped us.

You are truly a lucky woman! There is so much I would undo in a hearbeat. :) Um, your million is...in the mail. Yah, the mail.
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    Options

I regret spending $15 on junk food tonight, and I know I will most definitely see the consequences. Eek.

SAME!!

I regret living on the outside of my life.. not being "IN" it.. because of my weight, because I was shy, because I believed in society's standards for beauty. I regret holding myself back so much and so often that I still forget how funny I can be, if I'm just being myself.
    I regret those years I thought I wasn't good enough.
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    I have no regrets.

You are truly a lucky woman! There is so much I would undo in a hearbeat. :) Um, your million is...in the mail. Yah, the mail.

hahahaha!
    So you would undo who you are in this moment, right now? I would propose that if the answer is yes, then perhaps there's alot more soul searching to be done to find all the wonderful things that makes you you and find where those wonderful things came from and I guarantee some of them will be tied to those experiences that you believe you would so rapidly UNtie. :-)
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options

SAME!!

I regret living on the outside of my life.. not being "IN" it.. because of my weight, because I was shy, because I believed in society's standards for beauty. I regret holding myself back so much and so often that I still forget how funny I can be, if I'm just being myself.
    I regret those years I thought I wasn't good enough.

And I'll bet you have more depth, personality, compassion, value for self as well as others, giving and grace in receiving than most people have in their little tiny pinky nail because of it. Because you can see the hurt that those minute and unseen insensitivites cause others and you know EXACTLY what NOT to say. I'll bet your use of language is far more sincere and precise than many can master in a lifetime simply because you've already lived it the consequences of others' inequities. Just some guess work.... and IF I'm right, I wouldnt' change you for everything under the sun - you're one of the most valuable people on the planet and it's because of those rotten experiences that you are so perceptive and kind. Again, just guesses. You're welcome to correct me.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I regret ever agreeing to allow my mother-in-law to throw us a party. After 7 months, she just wore us down. She cornered us when we took her out to dinner for her birthday and basically guilted us in to it. I hate parties, presents, hugging and small talk about when we are going to have children. This is precisely why we didn't have a "wedding". We attend Christmas parties, Thanksgiving, Birthdays and all the other required family functions.....isn't that enough? This isn't going to teach me a life lesson or make me a better person. It's just going to make me waste my day off.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I really regret letting myself gain back 15 of the 36 lbs I lost and now I can't seem to get a handle on losing again!!!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I regret not buying that wickedly awesome Victorian sofa and chair that was on Ebay..... I want it soooo bad!!!!!!! But alas, the government has yet to give me my money owed, so no funds....:sad:
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    I regret not riding my motorcycle to work today. Rain was forecasted, but it sure looks clear to me.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I regret ever agreeing to allow my mother-in-law to throw us a party. After 7 months, she just wore us down. She cornered us when we took her out to dinner for her birthday and basically guilted us in to it. I hate parties, presents, hugging and small talk about when we are going to have children. This is precisely why we didn't have a "wedding". We attend Christmas parties, Thanksgiving, Birthdays and all the other required family functions.....isn't that enough? This isn't going to teach me a life lesson or make me a better person. It's just going to make me waste my day off.

I think I've been thrown a party all of once in my life...when I was about 7. I think it's a sign that you're loved...or your MIL really likes throwing parties. :) .
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I regret not proposing to my boyfriend before he died. Granted, he would have turned me down, but I wish I would have proposed anyway. :cry: