Slightly frustrated!

turtle080808
turtle080808 Posts: 22
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I think I just need everyone that I dont know to tell me I am doing ok hahaha!! I have been really sick for about 3 days and havent been to the gym at all! I feel like I am falling off the bandwagon! I usually hit the gym 6 or 7 days a week without fail! I dont even want to go! Is it cause I am sick or cause of something else?? thats what I ask myself!

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    I heard once that it takes 3 weeks to make a habit and about 3 days to break it (in my case, 3 minutes). If you are still sick, then your body probably needs the rest. But if your activity level for work and household activities have gotten near normal, then that is probably the indication that you need to push yourself a little to get to the gym, if only for 30 minutes. But really listen to your body. You have come this far and are doing great. You can keep it going without a doubt! I hope you feel better soon.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Sadly being ill you aren't going to feel like yourself... get better first then worry about the gym. :flowerforyou: If you follow MFP as sedetary you can still lose, eat well and take care of yourself!! :bigsmile: Hang in there!!! :flowerforyou:
  • deba1963
    deba1963 Posts: 13
    It's being sick! I was sick with a sinus infection last week and didn't want to do anything -- much less exercise. But yesterday I was able to get back to it full force - and I was concerned that I wouldn't want to after 4 days off! Hang in there! :tongue:
  • Thanks for all the help! I did force myself to work out today for 35 min. Thought I was going to die HAHA.....I have my appointment with my trainer in the morning and weigh in so we will see what happens
This discussion has been closed.