"What are you worred about? You don't need to lose weight!"

Options
I hate being told this!

I am in a normal weight range...my BMI is 23.6. Normal BMI for my height 5' 6" is 18.5-24.9. Is there something wrong with wanting to be more towards the middle? My goal is to get down to 135 so I have about 10 pounds to go...hoping to get there by the end of March. I recently starting running again, am eating healthy and generally feeling really good about everything. My husband is really supportive along with a good group of my friends...some who I have met on here. The problem is the few to roll their eyes when I turn down a treat at work, or comment to me about what I ate for lunch...like there's something wrong with watching what I eat or wanting to lose the stubborn dreaded last 10 pounds. I don't babble about what I'm doing to everyone....just the few who ask....those few end up being the eye rollers.

How do you handle the comments or negative attitudes?

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It's easy for me. I explain that I have a bad lower back and most of the fat I have left to lose is right on the damaged discs. Failing that I guess I'll hitch up my shirt, grab a roll of fat, and shake it at the skeptic until they shut up and go away.
  • mtaiken2
    Options
    I hate being told this!

I am in a normal weight range...my BMI is 23.6. Normal BMI for my height 5' 6" is 18.5-24.9. Is there something wrong with wanting to be more towards the middle? My goal is to get down to 135 so I have about 10 pounds to go...hoping to get there by the end of March. I recently starting running again, am eating healthy and generally feeling really good about everything. My husband is really supportive along with a good group of my friends...some who I have met on here. The problem is the few to roll their eyes when I turn down a treat at work, or comment to me about what I ate for lunch...like there's something wrong with watching what I eat or wanting to lose the stubborn dreaded last 10 pounds. I don't babble about what I'm doing to everyone....just the few who ask....those few end up being the eye rollers.

How do you handle the comments or negative attitudes?
    I would just ignore them they are probably just jealous you are trying to get healthy and fit and they arent trying to do anything in their lives.....always going to have haters...just know you feel better and possibly they have noticed this and they are wanting to feel that way but havent put in the work to do it...you keep doing what you do for you and everyone else can fade in the background cause you feel that good! :flowerforyou:
  • EKN1417
    EKN1417 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I find it best to frame the answer to questions like that from a health perspective rather than a weight loss perspective. I run into this question a lot, and I always answer that maintaining a healthy lifestyle is extremely important to me. I want to lose 10 more pounds to reach my ideal healthy weight- and while I am close, I want to continue practicing this lifestyle and become as healthy as I possibly can.