Letter to FOOD!

Options
Most of us have ended up here due to the fact that we are unhappy with our weight/bodies. We are all hoping that at the end of our journeys we would be able to form a HEALTHY/healthier relationtionship with what has led to us coming here or gaining that excess baggage in the first place....FOOD. Be as funny or as serious as you wish and write a letter (short or long) to FOOD. I have written mine below. It will interesting to read other people's personal letters to food.

Dear FOOD

We have been best friends from the day I was pushed into to this world. As time went by this best friendship changed and we began a SECRET love affair! Can still remember during my teenage years when I would hide you in my bedroom away from mum to enjoy you alone. You have caused me so much pain in life all because I wanted you all the time. In fact over the years I became so addicted to you, completely reliant on you in such a way that I needed you more than you needed me- when I was down I had you, when I was happy I had more of you. I got frustrated if you were not available to me immediately, ok you are right.....I gave you the power to control me. We have had so many arguments but somehow I always end up begging you to come back-it was a love hate relationship. I must say it felt like you took over my life – you controlling freak!

I cannot do the things I would love to do because of the excess baggage which you have kindly given me. As a result I now look like the michelin man. You have pumped and stretched ME to the limit BUT I must warn though, anymore pumping and stretching of my body will end in explosion as I can't take anymore. This SECRET love affair will end my life if I don't end it, which is why I have chosen to write you this personal letter. I have now decided to take control over my own life for good! I know I need you to survive and also have come realise from expirience that depriving myself totally of you will not solve the problem or work out. Instead I am going to end this love affair and start a healthy relationship with you (hope this makes sense as 'am still trying to make sense of it myself). In return I inted to re-educate myself about you, teach myself when I need you, how much of you to have, which type of you is best for me etc. Food I know it’s going to be hard but it will be possible.

Replies

• melimatic
    Options
    Lol this is awesome. And it is exactly how i feel! I <3 food so much! unfortunately it isn't always the healthy food that i love.