P90X or Insanity?

Options
Alright guys and gals. I’m trying to choose between these two fabulous workouts. I’m in alright shape. But my new goal is now to cut up. I don’t have a huge living room and don’t have any extra workout gear. I only use stuff at the gym. So a little about me. I HATE weight lifting. And I’m kind of ready to get out of the gym for a while. I’m more of a runner and circuit person. Things that involve lots of fun moving for endurances without a lot of equipment so I was thinking one of these two things would be great for me to get into. Which would be best for me? Any suggestions and success stories/pics?

Replies

• weightlifter01
    weightlifter01 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    P90X is more resistance, and Insanity is more power cardio moves.

Honestly, I would start with P90X - if you follow the program, and eat right....you will be ripped after 90 days.

All you will need to buy is a chin up bar from Walmart for $30.00, and a couple of dumb bells and some weigh plate....

And it won't take up much space in front of your TV.

I do both as you know, but I would recommend P90X first.
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lol! HELLLLOOOOO! Thank you! What size weights would be right? and by plates you mean like the ones you put on a bar?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to cut up, P90X has way more muscle building routines. Insanity is almost pure cardio. Hope that helps. Both are fun though if you want to keep things mixed up.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Lol! HELLLLOOOOO! Thank you! What size weights would be right? and by plates you mean like the ones you put on a bar?

Resistance bands. You can do all P90X with resistance bands. That way you don't have to worry about different dumbbell weights. They show you how to use them in the vids if you plan to go that route.
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump

Thanks for all the input guys!!
  • blanko05
    Options
    Hey, I saw your thread and thought I'd reach out as a BeachBody coach. If you decide to go either route you should send me a msg. I can get you on as a coach so that you can get a big discount or even be completely reimbursed for p90x or insanity. Let me know.