Tips? Open diary!

Options
I have made my diary public. Can someone who knows what they are talking about take a look at the last 2-3 weeks and let me know what I am doing wrong? I feel like I have really stepped it up the last 3 weeks since I joined my firm's Biggest Loser - going to the gym 3-5 times/week, cutting out a lot of what I love to eat the most (potato chips, dips, etc). I realize I have had some bad days, like last Friday when I ate out twice, but still kept near my calorie range. I expected to lose more in the first few weeks since it was such a big change. Unfortunately, I am losing less than 1 lb per week. I would like to know if anyone would be willing to browse my diary and let me know what I can change. Thank you so much!!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Your food choices won't really make any difference to your weight loss if you stay in budget. You don't have a lot to lose and anything more than a 1/2 lb/week is good. You may have joined a Biggest Loser competition but you don't have the weight to lose to get huge weight loss in a short time. It took me 6 months to get 15 lbs off and another 4 to get the last 5 gone which have a habit of creeping back unless I'm super diligent.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Being at the weight you are and only needing to lose 12 Lbs (it looks like), you should set a more reasonable goal of 1 Lb per week and up your calories slightly. You simply don't have enough fat for your body to burn 2 lbs per week. When you have that little to lose, your body goes to great lengths to preserve that fat...it wants it because it's emergency energy and your body is smart. If anything 1,200 calories and only needing to lose 12 Lbs is probably sending your body signals to shut down metabolism because there's not enough fat here to sustain this and then you actually store more than you burn. Your body is very adaptive.
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    I suppose that makes sense. How do I change the calorie intake on MFP? It set me up at 1200, even with choosing to lose 1 lb/week. I guess I just assumed the system knew what it was doing for me :-) So basically what you are saying is, I can eat more (score!!!) and be satisfied with less than 1 lb/week?
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I think since you have very little weight to lose, it is going to be harder! You can manually change your goals. I believe you do it in settings.