Want/Need Healthy Lifestyle looking for like minded friends

Options
Hi, I am Debbie. I am 39 Years Old, Married, 3 daughters’, 1 grand-daughter and a son-in-law. I work a sedentary job and have never been very physically active. I currently weigh 171 lbs and would like to lose about 40 lbs but would be happy with 30 lbs. I am working with an underactive thyroid and low iron, which give me low energy. I have also been told yesterday by my doctor that my cholesterol is high and that I must exercise.

I don't want to "diet" I want to change my lifestyle to accomplish my short term goals and maintain a healthy, active life. I want to include my family in the process and teach my children healthy choices and hopefully my husband will join in the fun (he is hesitant at this point, doesn't want to give up soda and cookies haha).

Please join me if you have similar goals and just would like to have someone that wants to help motivate others and you also want to help motivate them.

Replies

• tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    You have made the right step in joining MFP. It's the perfect place to be accountable and get motivated! Remember to take baby steps even if it means taking it day by day or meal by meal. Those small steps, with consistency, do make a substantial difference. When you exercise consistently and make more smart food choices than bad ones - THAT is what will get you the change you want. It is not a fast process, but you CAN do it! We all need support and encouragment on this journey - please feel free to add me if you like.
    Good luck on reaching your health fitness goal!
  • aditi_bc
    Options
    Same story with a lot of us who have a sedentary lifestyle. What is great about MFP is the app which I can use anytime from anywhere. In terms of meeting like-minded friends/people locally do check out a newly launched social network MIXINITY (mixinity DOT com) which helps you connect with similar interest people locally, locate activity based clubs in the neighborhood , and help hangout together to do real activities. The site is fairly new but do take a look and get your friends on board :)
    Good luck with your fitness goals -:)