Crunchy Chip Substitutes?

Options
Hi there,

I was just looking at my food diary and noticed that if I cut my daily lunch bag of sunchips out of my diet, that's a honkin' 700 calories a week! However, I do want to actually look forward to eating my meals and like a little salty crunch. Any suggestions? I'm thinking popcorn, but don't want to make a huge bag to have as a side at lunch...

Replies

• lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker Chips! :)
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K Cracker Chips. 15 Chips gets me through lunch at a mere 55 calories.
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    you could still do popcorn! they sell them in personal bags, so the portions are a lot smaller!
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just discovered rice crackers!! A lot less calories for the same salty, crunchy craving cure! Also, the Special K chip things are delicious, as are those little flavoured rice cakes.
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Popcorn definately. I also found a chickpea recipe that is low fat and high fiber.
    3 cups garbonzo bean, rinsed and well dried
    1tbps olive oil
    sea salt (or which ever you prefer)
    paprika

lay out rinsed/dried beans on cookie sheet
    sprinkle with olive oil, shake pan back and forth to coat beans
    sprinkle salt and paprika over them; shake pan again to coat beans
    into the oven preheat 425
    bake 30-45min

Enjoy!!
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I like the special K cracker chips. The sour cream and onion is the best flavor imo.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the great ideas!
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    Ditto on the popcorn!! Crunchy and Salty!

I also like the Special K Chips, but I use the 100 cal popcorn bags and I feel like i "get more"!
  • TraciRandazzo
    Options
    "Angie's Boom Chicka Pop" Sea salt popcorn. $5 at Costco for a huge bag -- 35 calories per cup. I also really enjoy Blue Diamond Nut Chips- Sea Salt, and Rice Works - Wild Rice Chips. I find just 2 or three chips with a bit of hummas really satisfy my salty, crunchy cravings.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Since you posted this on the Nutrition board and not the Diet board: more nutritious than popcorn
    http://www.nuts.com/snacks/fruit-veggie-chips/