Replies

• olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yes...yes you are the only one.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I counted meticulously for 5 months, then started getting so OCD and obsessive that it was leading to binges for the first time in my life. I had to stop counting and tracking. I've been still exercising and using portion control, didn't start eating chips and soda and candy again and have been losing weight steadily still and my head is in a much better mental place now. I don't know if I'd be successful doing it this way if I hadn't of learned so much in the previous months of tracking though, I learned a lot. But for now, it's working so I'm going with it.
  • kassiej043
    Options
    Were you craving sugar or chocolate or was it more of a, "oh i have cookies, I guess i'll eat them" kinda thing? I find that if I'm craving sweets, a piece of fruit or yogurt will satisfy that craving. My best friend just started on MFP a couple weeks ago, she had a really strong craving for chocolate....turns out she hadn't had enough iron for the day, so she got the craving. Maybe just keep an eye on things like your fiber, protein, iron, carbs etc intake throughout the day. I also have found that when i'm tired or didn't get enough sleep the night before I start to crave the bad things....potato chips.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if I'm the only one who has a problem counting calories. I was doing so well the other day. I had about 1000 calories left to go for the day to divide between an afternoon snack and dinner. I did not want to eat all of it back since I had went to the gym twice that day. When I got home, all I could think about is food. I tried to distract myself but I couldn't. Eventually I gave in and ate some cookies and milk. I hate that I'm sabotaging myself. I also don't want to exist in a constant state of dieting for the rest of my life either. HELP!!

Don't keep cookies in the house and you can't binge on them spontaneously. That's a good start...
  • lhalket
    lhalket Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I have had a great day and sabotaged it an hour before I went to bed. you are not alone

Hello! Same here!