Moms with small child(ren)...help me out!

Options
124»

Replies

• rosavila01
    Options
    Hello my name is Rosemary and I'm a stay at home mom with a 4 yr old. It isn't very easy to schedule your exercise time when having a little one. I do my exercise in the morning after dropping off my 13 yr old to school in the morning while my son is still asleep. Of course there has been days that he has awaken while I'm in the middle of exercising and he begins to ask for juice or something to eat, all I do at that point is tell him to keep himself occupied with his Game boy while I finish. Believe me it isn't very easy but if you are truly wanting to lose weight, you'll do what you need to do. So all you mothers who have little ones, I totally have faith in you all that you will figure it out and begin to lose your weight and reach your goal. Good Luck!
  • KKleese
    KKleese Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and a 7 month old. I love the 10 minute solution pilates dvd when I workout at home. It's really hard to get a long dvd in but if I have a moment to myself I usually try one or more of the routines. I also work out at lunchtime at work to a Leslie Sansone Walk off the Pounds video. Some nights I can get dinner made before my husband gets home and he watches the kids for an hour while I go to Yoga. My biggest excuse for not working out used to be time but I see everyone around me making time for themselves to workout even though they have kids and have made it a priority too!
  • jmariscal3
    jmariscal3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of one five-year-old little boy. I have been working out since he was three, though before it was not as much as I do now. Before he was in school I would go on long walks while he was in the stroller. Once he was bigger, I would let him "work out" with me. In the past year he has gotten to where he knows when it is time to work out (the gym clothes and shoes come out) and he runs to grab his water bottle and meet me. He liked doing the Pilates DVD's with me and also little parts of the 30 Day Shred. Good weather days we go run it out at the park with baseball and frisbees. If you can include the children, it is a good way to keep them active and make fitness a part of the family routine. I did the same with the diet. He eats whole grains, drinks water, snacks on fruits and vegetables, and loves yogurt. I am hoping to keep it up with him. He also loves the Wii and the Just Dance games and those are options, too.

I was in school full time, worked full time, and had the house to run on my own so I know how tough it can be to try to get things done AND have time to exercise. Now, thankfully, school is over with- but a woman's job is never done right? I love it because I was watching The Biggest Loser the other night and my son yelled "It's Jillian!". It made me laugh and smile. Good luck to you and I hope you find things that work for you.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    my motivation, honestly, is to prove to my ex husband that I can do anything I want, to hell with him sabatoging my college, my taekwondo, and my eating habits. I made the Dean's List, have been in taekwondo for 8 months, and have taken control over the food in my house.
  • ohtobe140
    Options
    I'm a single mom to three, ages 7, 5 and 4. I work full-time. I get up at 4:00 every workday to work out. I go to bed at 8:30 every night of the week, no exceptions. I wake up naturally on the weekends and I work out when I wake up. It has to be the first thing I do or it doesn't get done.

There was a great post on here about a week ago with motivational sayings and my favorite one was "If it's important to you, you will find a way, if it's not you will find an excuse" Suddenly what was important to me because very clear. I don't miss my workouts, no matter what. Sometimes I don't get to sit and drink coffee in the morning and I have to drink while packing lunches, getting kids up, etc, but my workout - that is always a priority. So far, I have regretted working out even once.