Help calculating calories

Hello I need help calculating how many calories to eat now that I'm pregnant. I'm 5'6 230lbs and exercise 3x a week for 30 mins.

I'm NOT dieting or anything just eating healthy foods. I know that you are supposed to add 300 to what you were eating but I'm confused because I stopped working out as much as I used to. I cut down half of what I used to workout mostly due to extreme fatigue. Any help is welcomed.

Replies

• JL314
    JL314 Posts: 10
    no one :(
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Maybe you should ask your ob/gyn?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Yeah, ask your OB. Your situation needs professional guidance.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    I recommend talking to your OB. :) Or you could just start with the MFP calculations, just set it to maintain weight.
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    if you are eating healthy foods, your habits probably shouldn't have to change that much...keep doing what you are doing. if you are already overweight, and don't gain that much weight it should be ok. things have changed so much since my last child that i can't be certain what the doctors are telling people anymore...eat when you are hungry, and watch your weight gain...the healthy foods will win. stay active...i know you are tired but that should help with the birth...or so i'm told...
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Hello I need help calculating how many calories to eat now that I'm pregnant. I'm 5'6 230lbs and exercise 3x a week for 30 mins.

I'm NOT dieting or anything just eating healthy foods. I know that you are supposed to add 300 to what you were eating but I'm confused because I stopped working out as much as I used to. I cut down half of what I used to workout mostly due to extreme fatigue. Any help is welcomed.

You're pregnant and you have symptoms, speak to a medical professional about nutrition.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    FWIW, not trying to pass the buck. Just want you to be safe and follow dr's orders.
  • JL314
    I did ask, she said to add 300 calories to what I'm already eating (before pregnancy). But my questions is, before pregnancy I was eating extra calories already just because I was working out for 1 hour 6 days a week. So I needed to eat extra. Now that I'm working out less I should be eating less calories I believe and then add 300. It's just so confusing but I'll figure it out.
  • JL314
    And I don't need professional help just need to know how to calculate calories.