Too late to get fit for 2013?

Options
Hello,

I lost 2 stone 2 years ago and have maintained for a year (so proud of that) as i moved to another country to study, but i've recently started bingeing uncontrollably. I can't go a whole week without 2 binge days (i mean EXCESSIVE bingeing). This started towards the end of last year and i havent even reached my goal weight. I wasnt diagnosed with BED but i seem to have the symptoms. Its so hard getting an appointment at the GP and the last counsellor i used to see was of Zero help. I would really like to stop!
I swore to get back to becoming fit in 2013 and this month is already over and zero loss! People are already seeing changes and im more demotivated than ever. No one understands and i doesnt help that i dont have anyone to talk to.
I joined a gym with the hope of getting fit early this year and i feel so ashamed as the month is over and ive been nothing but a failure :(

Replies

• weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You have to work on the emotional aspect. I personally found the book "The Beck Diet Solution" to be helpful. If you do look for another therapist, look for one who specializes in Cognative Behavioral Therapy (CBT). It can help you recognize your thinking errors and find ways to respond to these thinking errors which can help you learn how to really change your mindset and hopefully help you end your binge eating.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Is this perhaps stress? It certainly isn't healthy.

If you are studying abroad, there should be mental health services through your school. Use them.

Fix that first, then thinking about healthy weight loss. You've done fantastic maintaining. Don't be silly about it being 'too late'.

And get help. Really.